Chapter 73 - Accepting The Consequences

"Tears are the silent language of grief." - Voltaire

"Take all the time you need," Galen said with a dark chuckle. "Cry, scream, whatever."

"Pop," Opie whinnied. Attempting to move to the floor, Opie was slammed back in his chair by the barrel of one of the guards' guns in his throat.

"No one else moves or the art project gets the next bullet." Galen said as he aimed his gun at Mae.

"I'm gonna kill you myself." Opie growled over his shoulder.

"Not fun having your family stolen is it?"

"Fuck you," Amelia screamed, and although it was muffled, the words were clear.

"True Irish woman with a mouth like that." Slipping his gun away Galen smiled at the girls. "Send the rest of them home, keep Amelia with Trinity at the rectory."

Amelia shook her head, struggling against the cable ties on her wrists as Galen left the room with Alice still in his arms. The guards filed out after and immediately Opie and Jax fell to the floor beside Piney. Jax untied the girls and removed their gags as Opie sobbed over his father's body. In the midst of his mourning, Opie wrapped his arms around Mae, both comforting the other as they cried. Jax moved to envelope Amelia in his arms but she pushed him away only to lay her head on Piney's chest.

--

"Trini," Fiona cried as she faced the girl for the first time. "Galen, he's the one who killed your Ma."

She knew he did, there was no one else at that moment who would have, but it pained her to hear it. "Because of those American girls?"

"Aye," she pressed her palm against the girls cheek. "Amelia, the redhead, she's your sister dear."

"What?" Trinity stepped back from Fiona. "My sister?"

"Galen and your mother, it happened so long ago. Mo never wanted it to get out, it was safer for her with those Charming lads. When he found out," Fiona shook her head.

"Shite," she hissed in disbelief. "He killed my ma and he's holding them. Right?"

Fiona nodded. "Kerrianne is with the girls now, I saw some new recruits and Cammy Hayes preparing to send the others back to the states."

"No," Trinity shook her head. "I heard Father Ashby talking about stopping Galen, he's not sending them back, he's going to kill them."

--

Hours after Piney had been killed, Jax, Opie, Chibs, Juice and Happy were violently separated from the girls and thrown into a windowless van. They were bound and gagged before heading on their journey. Meanwhile, Amelia was reunited with Alice, and they were locked away with Mae once again.

"I'm going to kill him." Amelia mumbled as she fed Alice. "He murdered my father, he ruined my life." Her eyes were glassy, clearly in shock, but Mae didn't realize as she was suffering from it as well. "I was so mad at him, I hated him, and now he's fucking gone."

"Piney knew," Mae said with no emotion. "He knew you loved him."

"Doesn't matter," Amelia complained. "Doesn't matter that he knew, I didn't get to say it."