Chapter 45 - New Allies and The Same Old Enemies

"What is truly yours will eventually be yours; and what is not, no matter how you try, will never be yours." - Unknown

--

"You have a phone call," Greg poked his head into the break room. "He said his name but I couldn't actually make it out. Heavy accent."

Amelia's shoulders slumped. "Is it a random guy?"

"He didn't say it was lab related, if that's what you mean."

"It's two in the morning, Greg, I'm not taking a call from a random dude with a heavy accent." Her eyes turned back to the gossip rag that previously had a tenuous grasp on her attention.

"So I gotta tell him that?" He asked timidly.

Amelia flipped the magazine shut and rolled her eyes as she headed for the doorway. "You're too shy," she chastised although she wore a friendly smile.

Stepping out of the break room Amelia found an empty lab to take the call in. "Amelia Teller."

"Ms. Winston?" Juice asked with a thick Russian accent.

"That is my maiden name but yes, this is she," Amelia sighed. "What can I do for you?"

"I can't believe it's that good!" Juice suddenly laughed, speaking normally, and Amelia was startled just for a moment before breaking out into giggles. "I gotta make a call, as a Russian, I don't know why they think I can do it."

"Obviously you can," she remarked. "How'd it go in Charming?"

"Ope kicked the guys ass," he said matter-of-factly. "But he's at the clubhouse so I don't think it went well for him with Mae in general."

"That's because he's an idiot," she scoffed. "I want to talk to you, Juicy."

"You don't have to explain anymore," Juice laughed although he was hurting. "I'm just glad you don't regret it."

"I don't, I'm-" at the sound of her name from the hall Amelia paused. "Oh, Juice I have to go, duty calls."

"Be careful," he whispered sweetly.

"I will, tell my brother he's a douche."

Juice laughed as the line went dead and just a few minutes later Opie appeared beside him. "I already called dibs on the apartment," he mumbled. "Gotta crash somewhere else."

"I was thinking about breaking into my old place. Settlement happened but they didn't move in yet. Out of state family or some shit."

Opie narrowed his eyes and pulled a face. "You're a weird dude."

Shrugging, Juice waved for another beer from the prospect. "Your sister called you a douche."

"You tell her?"

"Yeah."

"You got it bad," Opie shook his head. "You tell her everything."

"I'm not the only one," Juice said as he looked at Opie knowingly.

"Shut up," Opie hissed. "We got the same problem, shit couldn't hook up, not with me and Mae and sure as fuck not with you and my sister."

"Yeah," he chuckled darkly. "Not like she sees anyone other than Jax. She's kind of obsessed with him." Juice attempted to pry but Opie didn't want to discuss any of it at length.

"No shit," he chugged his beer. "I'm out. We'll leave in the morning."

"You still got Mae's shit in the van," Juice called out as Opie walked away.