Chapter 11**

You shuffle around in bed your blankets hugging your body perfectly, sun shimmering through the curtains has you fluttering your eyes open. Five days, it's been five days since you almost kissed your married neighbor and the embarrassment is still lingering. Both of you not mentioning that night and you haven't seen her, doing your best to avoid being in her presence knowing damn well you have no more self control. But that doesn't stop your endless texting and phone calls, her asking you to come over only for you to make an excuse every time she invites you over. You groan, stomach pressed into the mattress with your hands wrapping around your pillow, cheek smushed into it not wanting to wake just yet, having gone to bed way too late, too engrossed in conversation with Wanda. The sound of your front door closing makes you furrow your brow listening closely as footsteps approach your bedroom. You roll your eyes realizing who's heels you hear clacking up your stairs smelling your best friend's perfume when she opens your bedroom door.

You hear her slide her heels off lifting the covers to slide in behind you, arms snaking around you. You grumble wanting to fall back asleep but you can tell she needs you by how her body tenses. "What's wrong, Nat?" You mumble, hand grabbing hers. Natasha hides her face into the back of yours sighing, "I had sex," she mumbles, you grip her hand more, comforting her as you hear her voice full of anxiety, "with Maria," she adds, your eyes widen waiting patiently for her to continue. "It was amazing, but.." she stops, "I can't stop thinking that she may think I was a mistake." You click your tongue sadly rubbing your thumb over her hand, adjusting your body to lay on your back having her head against your chest.

"Why do you think that?" You ask softly, hand finding her scalp fingers threading in her hair massaging her head. She shrugs at your question, staying silent, "did she do something? Or say something?" Natasha shakes her head, "she was perfect," she finally speaks up, "when I got in my car this morning after leaving her place my mind started racing.... " she plays with your fingers a nervous habit of hers. "Everything about it was slow and sweet, she was so patient with me...which is why I just can't think it to be real, what if she wanted someone more experienced?" Natasha speaks her thoughts, your hand sliding up and down her side comforting her.

"If that was true Natty, I don't think she would have had sex with you knowing she would be your first." You say, trying to stop her spiraling thoughts, "did she take care of you after?" You ask her watching her head nod, "she did," you can feel her smiling against your chest. "Now do you think she would put all that effort for someone she didn't want?" You feel her body relaxing more shaking her head.

"Don't let what happened in your past relationship control you," you mumble, kissing the top of her head. Her ex boyfriend was an absolute ass, Yelena and you trying your best to stay civil but your blood boiled on how he treated her like complete shit. "She's not him," you remind her. "Thank you, Bubs" she murmurs holding you tightly. You smile kissing her head again, "you're welcome Natty." The room falls in a comfortable silence your eyes closing as you continue running your hand up and down her side lolling her to fall asleep her body obviously tired from her Friday night. "Have you seen Wanda?" She mumbles, keeping her eyes closed as she speaks. You hum in response, "no," you sigh, "I haven't seen her since that night, but I will tonight for Agatha's 40th birthday party. We're going to a club."

"Does her husband not get annoyed with how much you talk and hang out?" She asks and it's a good question. You haven't even thought about her husband and now that she brought it up it's weird how she has all this time during the night to talk to you even when she lays in her bed. "Uh, I'm not sure." You reply, confused as well.

"I'm telling you Y/n, they aren't even together," you roll your eyes not understand why Natasha thinks that Wanda isn't in love with her husband. Wouldn't she had divorced him already? "Husband and wife makes it seem like they are," you argue back trying to stop this nonsense.