Chapter 45

The morning sun filters through the curtains, casting a serene glow over the room. Wanda flutters her eyes open, adjusting to the sunlight. She realizes she's staring at an empty side of the bed your side. Normally, your body would be wrapped in her arms, a comforting presence. She sits up quickly, a sense of unease gripping her heart. "Baby?" she says softly, tossing the covers off herself.

She checks the bathroom—nothing. Her pace quickens, the wooden floor cold under her bare feet. "Y/n?" she calls out again, her voice tinged with rising anxiety. She quietly makes her way to the twins room, her heart pounding. Their beds are empty, the covers tossed aside in disarray. Her heart drops.

"Tommy? Billy? Y/n?" she calls out, louder this time, fear creeping into her voice. The silence is deafening. She rushes down the stairs, her breath quickening. Her eyes widen as she takes in the scene before her. The house is turned upside down: glass broken, furniture overturned, the presents that were opened just yesterday thrown across the living room. Her fingers begin to glow a deep red, small sparks of magic flickering around them, and her eyes reflect the same fiery hue.

Panic surges through her veins. "Tommy?! Billy?! Y/n?!" she shouts, her voice echoing through the eerily silent house. There's no response. She dashes through each room, the sense of dread intensifying with every step. The boys are nowhere to be found, and neither are you.

Her heart races as she reaches the kitchen. The back door is wide open, cold air swirling in, carrying with it the scent of winter. She rushes outside, the snow crunching under her feet, each step leaving a frantic mark. Footprints lead away from the house, small and hurried, accompanied by drag marks, as if a body was dragged next to the little footprints. Her heart tightens as she notices a trail of red dots of blood in the snow. She follows them, her breath visible in the frigid air, her hands sparking with red magic, the energy surging with her rising panic.

The footprints and drag marks lead to the woods behind the house. The trees loom tall and foreboding, their branches bare and skeletal, casting long, eerie shadows on the snow. "Tommy! Billy! Y/n!" she shouts, desperation clawing at her throat. The wind howls in response, carrying a sinister whisper that chills her to the bone.

As she delves deeper into the woods, the tracks become harder to follow, obscured by the fallen snow. The shadows lengthen, the cold biting harder at her exposed skin. Suddenly, she hears it—a child's cry, piercing through the silence. She sprints towards the sound, branches scratching at her face and arms, her eyes glowing brighter, her fear fueling her powers.

She bursts into a clearing, and there they are. Tommy and Billy, huddled together, their faces pale and eyes wide with fear. But they're not alone. A dark figure stands over them, its form indistinct but menacing. Its eyes glow with a malevolent light, its presence radiating pure evil.

"No!" Wanda screams, launching herself at the figure. But her feet won't move. It's as if the ground has turned to quicksand, dragging her down. She raises her hands, trying to use her powers to break free, but nothing happens. She looks down, confused and terrified, unsure of what's stopping her. The figure's sinister laughter fills the air, making her gaze snap back up.

"Mommy! Help us!" the boys shout, their voices filled with terror. Wanda raises her hands again, desperately trying to use her powers, but all she can do is try to calm them. "It's okay, baby, you're okay," she says, her voice trembling, but filled with as much reassurance as she can muster.

The figure laughs even more evilly, a chilling sound that sends shivers down her spine. It steps aside, revealing your blue, pale, cold lifeless body. Wanda's breath stops in her throat, her knees buckling under her. She collapses to the ground, her heart shattering at the sight.