Chapter 11: Apartments

April 26th 1984

My shift was coming to an end and the large clock on the wall read 3:53, I wondered if Tracii would end up coming back for me...

I started to close up the store when I saw an infamous head of black hair walking into the store.

"My favourite girl," He smiled playfully as he waked into the store. "Shut up," I snickered before leading him back out of the store and locking the store up.

"You ready to bounce?" I nodded before putting the keys through the letter box.

"So, where'd you live?" I asked as we wondered through the streets. I hadn't been down the way Tracii was leading me before so I made sure to stay close to him.

"An apartment complex, not too far from here," I nodded. The journey to his apartment was about 15 minutes and we made small talk, chatting about random things.

"Here we are!" He said happily with a wide smile.

"I can't stay for too long, by the way," I gave a small smile hoping he wouldn't ask why because I didn't really want to tell my only friend I was a stripper on the sunset strip; well apart from Tiffany. She was my friend I suppose, but she was a stripper anyway.

"Why's s that?"

Of course he had to go and fucking ask why.

"I just had some errands to run before it gets too late," I said innocently, hoping he'd believe my lie which was honestly pretty believable if you ask me.

"Ah," He nodded in understanding. We made the treck up the ten billion stair cases before getting outside of his apartment.

"Welcome to my crib," He said coolly as he led me in.

It was surprisingly clean for a rockstar in all fairness.

I walked in and looked around. "It's real nice," I smiled at him and he nodded in appreciation.

"So, this would be your room," He explained while showing me through to another spare bedroom.

The room was relatively big and had a big double bed in the middle. It had a small desk and a few other small decorations, but it was relatively clean.

"It's probably nicer than whatever that creep at the motel provides," He snickered and I gave him an amused smile as I looked out of the big window that was in 'my room' as Tracii so lovingly named it.

You could look out at all of LA, it was beautiful. You could see flashing lights and people intentionally wondering the streets.

"Nice view, huh?" Tracii said before coming and standing next to me.

"This place must cost a fortune," I breathed out, still looking at the view of LA.

"That's why I'm looking for a roomie," He snickered and shoved my shoulder, I quickly shoved his shoulder back but since he was taller than me; not by a lot though since I was 5,6 I lost my balance but managed to catch myself before I fell.

"God, you just love falling over," He snickered and rolled my eyes fighting back my smile. "So, you think you're gonna move in?"

"I think I might."

-~-~-~-

Word count: 532