Chapter 13: Work

April 27th 1984, 8:30 AM

The day was Thursday,  I woke up on time making sure to set an alarm on the motel alarm clock so I didn't sleep in again because that was a disaster last time.

I showered, brushed my teeth and did some black eyeliner, because why the hell not?

I walked out on time for once and wondered through LA until I reached the record store, 10 minutes early may I add.

With a small sigh, I stared to put the new records away. I looked up when I heard the small bell ring on the door.

"Heather!" Tracii sang as he walked through the door.

"Tracii," I smiled back before brushing my teased hair out of my eyes.

"When you moving in, babe?"

I rolled my eyes with a playful smile. "Whenever,"

"How 'bout you move on Saturday?" He winked.

"Then I was thinking that evening you come out with me and meet one of my friends?"

I thought about it, I mean I'd probably be able to go but I still was working at the strip joint. Maybe I could just ask for one day off?

But I'd definitely have to tell Tracii that evening...

"Yeah, sure." I smiled back at him.

"Great, see ya Heather." He winked, before leaving the store.

I felt my cheeks heat up as he winked. I shrugged it off before carrying on with my shift.

-~-~-~-

That evening after finishing up at the record store, I strolled to the motel to change before walking to the club.

As I walked into the dressing room Tiffany quickly turned and ran over to me as fast as she could in her heels which made me smile.

"Heather, guess what," she said happily as she finally reached me after trying to run in her heels.

"What?"

"Carolina told me that there's a talent agent looking for models to be in magazines," Tiffany ranted on with a big smile.

It did make me wonder what type of magazines, but that was probably a simple answer.

"Woah, seriously?"

"Yeah!" She beamed from ear to ear.

"Well good luck, you're out twice today," She nodded her head to the backstage where you get onto the stage.

"Yeah..."

I was definitely feeling the pressure slightly more now...

"You'll be fine babe, you look perfect." She reassured with a large grin.

I quickly smiled back. Tiffany was one of these people that could make you smile by saying the simplest things. Whether it was just simply saying "hello" or just reassuring you that you like fine; you just couldn't help but smile.

Tiffany brushed her long blonde hair out of her face. "I know you'll be fine as well." I smirked trying to hype her up as well.

Tiffany beamed back. "Fingers crossed!" She said while crossing her fingers making me chuckle.

-~~-~-

After going out on the stage twice; performing as best I could. I walked out to the main floor and just basically sit at old men's tables and flirt with them making them think they have a chance.

Then they usually give me cash to stay or for a lap dance or some shit.

At the end of my shift I made five hundred bucks.

Once I walked back to the dressing room I could hear Nichole complaining to some of the girls about her only making sixty five bucks.

Guess the crowd just preferred me.

Feeling exhausted, I walked to the exit to make the treck back to the hotel when I heard a voice behind me.

"Sorry to bother you, Heather was it?" The voice said.

-~-~-~-

Word count: 607