Chapter 35-Surfin' USA

June 2nd, 1984

We'd been driving on the bus for a couple hours, on our way to California, the journey had been pretty boring, I'd gossiped with Duff for a while and we played cards for a bit; but we soon got bored again.

"Are we nearly there?" I asked to no one particular.

"Ten more minutes." Steven responded and I nodded.

I'd been listening to my brother and is plaything flirting and giggling the whole way which has been really getting on my nerves.

I mean, I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend but Axl is.

How is that fair?

That's why he can't know about Steven, doesn't help that they haven't been on the best terms recently.

I also occasionally caught this Kathryn chick staring at me now and then. Duff pointed it out as well.

I snapped out of my thoughts when the bus came to an abrupt stop.

We were all happy to finally have a change of scenery, and what a better place to be than California!

I stood up to get off then bus when someone tapped my shoulder, "Heather?"

I turned to see Kathryn, "what?"

"Look, stay out of my way, you think you're better than everyone and whatever, but you're not,"

Is that seriously all she's got?

"Okay? I don't care what you think," I gave her a
casual look.

She groaned in frustration, probably because her words weren't affecting me, "just stay out my fucking relationship!"

"Oh! She swears." I snickered, I turned around to walk away when she put her hand on my shoulder to pull me back.

"You're such a bitch!"

"I know," I shrugged plainly.

No one had yet caught on to our little disagreement yet, they were all too busy chatting about what they were doing with their evening since they didn't have a gig.

But then she slapped me, and that's when everyone's attention was on us.

I chuckled in slight shock, "that didn't even hurt,"

"Alright, stop," I could hear Izzy approaching us.

She went to hit me again but I grabbed her wrist and took a handful of her hair; dragging it back.

My back hit the floor when she pushed me, but I reacted quick and flipped her over, repeatedly punching her. She threw a couple of weak punches which didn't hurt.

"Oh my fucking God." I heard Axl curse from the other end of the bus.

"Get of me you psycho!" Kathryn cried out.

I punched her a few more times than I probably should have before Izzy came up behind me and pulled me off her.

I spat on her as she lay defenceless on the floor.