78. Declaring War (2)

Erebus was walking away, but his eyes caught Arlo, who was grinning shamelessly. He seemed to enjoy causing discord in the sect.

"Duke Blake, stop bothering with that child. There is still hope for peace. Perhaps we can go back to discussing the marriage between my nephew Terran and Prince Leo." Arlo chirped.

Erebus stopped in his tracks, and his aura turned cold, causing frost to form at his feet. No one could move from their spot because of the intense aura. 

"You dare set your eyes on Leo?" His voice rumbled with rage. He would never allow it. "I'll have to teach you Themis dogs not to touch what's mine."

Erebus wanted to tear Arlo apart. He wanted to feel the pleasure of his daggers slicing through his flesh and his blood warming his hands. Still, he could not attack first... but he could initiate Arlo instead. 

"Leanne, just for fun... What's the death count for Golden Mountain in this tournament?" Erebus asked in a low voice.

Arlo flinched, and the grin fell from his face.

"28, Lieutenant General," Leanne answered.

Erebus chuckled and smiled maliciously at Arlo. "It's less than what I expected. You should be proud that only 18 people have been killed by those Devils."

Arlo stood up, throwing the chair behind him. His face had darkened, and he gripped his sword. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

Erebus' hands rested on Requies' handles. "18 of your men were killed by Devils. The other ten fell to my blade."

"You bastard!" He roared, pulled out his blade, and lowered himself in an attacking stance.

Erebus couldn't help but laugh. "You're so angry about ten random pawns... How admirable. You care deeply about small sect members, but I wonder how you feel about family. How is little Tomas when the skies turn dark?"

Arlo trembled when he heard this question. Ever since Erebus attacked Tomas at the Tournament Ceremony, Tomas would scream in terror of the darkness. He was so scared to go to sleep and could no longer stand the night, needing to be surrounded by light. It became so bad that they had to withdraw him from the Tournament, and he stayed cooped up in a room filled with crystal lights. The doctors checked on him but could not determine what happened. Only recently, an old witch doctor found traces of a curse that seemed unbreakable.

Arlo's eyes reddened. "I will tear you to shreds." He growled. His killing intent was powerful enough to push back the cultivators around him, and his fire mana heated the area.

Erebus was able to recognize the technique immediately. It was one of the core principles of the Fire Dragon sect. Even the flow of his fire mana was the same.

Erebus clicked his tongue. "A crude example of the archaic Scarlet Blade Technique."

His own killing intent spread out, and the thick shadows froze Arlo's heated aura. Arlo was at least an entire realm above him in Undandfold, touching on the Emperor Realm, but Erebus was intimately familiar with the Scarlet Blade Technique and fire mana. He knew he could at least hold out for a while or escape if needed.

He readied himself with Requies humming in his hands. His Shadow Domain covered the entire area. Erebus felt an excited tremble in his soul as he faced a strong opponent. He could test out his altered dagger technique and new weapons.

When Arlo stepped forward, Erebus' domain vibrated. Arlo was in front of Erebus in a flash, but Erebus did not lose his calm. He was able to see Arlo's blade rush towards him. It was the first move of the Scarlet Blade. What followed was a swipe. Erebus shifted around in the shadows, and the thrust missed him. He jumped in the air, narrowly avoiding the swipe. He twisted in the air and held his blades in front of his face, blocking a flame attack.