- Fourteenth -

Jungkook was buttoning his shirt when he heard a car honking in the street, repeatedly, as if the driver was trying to attract someone's attention. Intrigued, Jungkook went to his window and couldn't hide his surprise when he saw a short blond man in a suit get out of a luxury black car, turn towards his window and wave.

He finally recognised him: if he wasn't mistaken, he had been with Taehyung the first day the gangster had gone to the cabaret. He must surely have sent him.

After their exchange at the cabaret, Taehyung had given Jungkook his number, telling him he'd be in touch soon. And he didn't lie: two days later, Taehyung called him, telling him to get ready, because a driver was coming to pick him up.

Jungkook stepped away from the window, realising that the man was probably the driver in question. So he hurried to finish getting ready, having decided to wear an elegant outfit that wasn't too feminine. He didn't really know what Taehyung expected of him, and he didn't know how open-minded he was.

In fact, he knew nothing about Taehyung. He still had this strange feeling that the gangster had found him out, but he couldn't be sure. More importantly, he didn't know anything other than how dangerous the man was.

Once he was ready, he grabbed his bag and left his flat, making sure to lock the door behind him. He then went downstairs, with some hesitation. He just hoped everything would turn out all right. When he reached the street, he saw that the little blond was waiting for him, leaning against his car. And when he caught sight of him, a pretty smile spread across his lips.

"Ah, there you are! For a moment, I thought I'd frightened you and that you weren't coming!"

"You could have sent me a message, it would have been easier..."

The little blond boy pouted in reply.

"That's what I would have done if that idiot Taehyung had given me your number, but he refused!"

Jungkook's eyes widened at the word 'idiot'. Was there really someone on this planet who would talk like that about one of the most dangerous men in Seoul? Wasn't he afraid for his life? Jungkook was beginning to regret getting involved in such a crazy world... Although he wasn't exactly sane either...

"Anyway," continued the blond man, "I'm Park Jimin, let's be friends! I think we'll be seeing each other a lot..."

"Oh, right... Jung Jungkook, nice to meet you..."

Jimin shook his hand happily. Jungkook had to admit that the little blond was both incredibly handsome and really sociable. Not exactly what he expected from a gangster. Although he wasn't in the best position to believe clichés.

Jimin invited him to sit in the car, which Jungkook did with pleasure. He decided to get in at the front though, not really liking the idea of a driver. And Jimin wasted no time in making small talk with him.

"By the way, Taehyung asked me to look after you personally."

Jungkook frowned.

"What?"

"I think he was talking about your safety, but also about being your driver. So I think we'll be spending a lot of time together."

"You're not going to follow me to work, are you?"

Jimin couldn't help laughing at the worried look on Jungkook's face.

"If you're talking about your clothing company, no, I'd better not, either for you or for me. But I'll often be there at the cabaret, I think. Well, given Taehyung's interest in you, he'll probably be there more often than me."

"It must be difficult for you." Jungkook remarked. "Given his charm, you must have quite a few conquests to deal with, don't you think?"

Jimin stopped at a red light and turned to the singer, looking a little confused.

"Why should I care for his conquests?"

"You do it for me, don't you?"

The blond boy gave a small smile, which Jungkook recognised as clearly sly.

"Taehyung couldn't care less who he gets into bed with. Really, he doesn't give a fuck. My only role has always been to get rid of them. So if he's asked me to take care of you personally, it's because you're special."

After that, Jungkook preferred to remain silent. Him, special? He was the most uninteresting person there was, he'd made sure of that. Yes, maybe Taehyung knew more than the others, but what difference did it make? The gangster probably saw murders every day. Jungkook really wasn't anything special.

A few minutes later, Jimin pulled up in front of a huge casino in one of the richest areas of Seoul. It was a far cry from Itaewon.

"A casino? Seriously?" Jungkook asked with an arched eyebrow. "Isn't that a bit of a cliché?"

Jimin laughed at his remark.

"It's easy money, and it allows us to launder the money we make from drugs. It's a lot more practical than it sounds."

Jungkook nodded, not really interested in the gang's activities. After all, he'd come to see Taehyung.

He got out of the car and followed Jimin. As a queue formed at the entrance to the casino, Jimin walked past the crowd, and the guards at the entrance let the two men through without argument. They hadn't even asked about Jungkook, nor had they looked at him strangely. It was as if they already knew who he was.

The inside of the casino was packed with people. The place was absolutely huge, at least ten times the size of the cabaret, and the vintage style gave it a warm feel. It also contrasted with what was going on there.

Jimin didn't waste any time, walking straight towards the back of the casino, towards the stairs that led to a floor that seemed closed to the public. Taehyung was surely there. However, just as they were a few metres from the stairs, a young woman with long black hair stood in their way, folding her arms across her chest. Jimin stopped immediately, his small smile quickly replaced by annoyance. But the girl didn't even glance at him, her eyes fixed on Jungkook.

"So you're Tae's new slut?" she spat at the young man.

The singer didn't answer, turning instead to Jimin with confusion.

"Can I ask who she is?" he asked, not looking offended by what the woman had said.

"Her? Celia. Taehyung slept with her a few times. But now that you're here, he doesn't need her anymore."

Celia seemed deeply offended by his words, and turned an even more angry gaze towards Jungkook.

"Don't get your hopes up, you're just another whore to him." she said, smiling victoriously.

But to her surprise, Jungkook gave her the same smile.

"So that's something we have in common."

The young woman widened her eyes, frozen in place. They didn't wait any longer before passing her, heading for the stairs.

Leaving her alone to face her sad reality.