- Fifty-seventh -

"Is it really here?"

"That's what Soobin said..."

Namjoon and Seokjin stared sceptically at the front of the cabaret, which was glowing brightly as night fell. The music could be heard from outside, and the two men wondered more and more if they were really going to find Jeongguk here. Because according to Soobin, this was where he worked now. This was their last hope of finding him.

"Well, we're not going to stand here for ten thousand years." Jin finally said. "Let's go inside and see what's going on."

Namjoon nodded, and the two of them walked towards the entrance of the cabaret. The interior was warm, they had to admit, but there was also a dark, mysterious aura about it. You could feel that you were in the epicentre of Itaewon. Few honest people made it this far. They moved towards the counter, where a man in his thirties was standing, with long black hair and an old scar running across his face. The man was reading a magazine, and when he heard the footsteps of the two newcomers, he lazily looked up at them. And frowned when he discovered two people who, as far as he knew, had never set a foot in Itaewon.

"You're a bit late, the show's already started." Yoongi explained. "Wouldn't you rather see tomorrow's show?"

But to his surprise, the two men shook their heads.

"Sorry, we didn't come to see your show." Seokjin confessed.

"We're from the police." Namjoon quickly added.

Yoongi's eyes darkened immediately, and he straightened up, all traces of laziness having completely disappeared from his body. He knew this day would come, he suspected why they were here. But that didn't mean he'd cooperate nicely. The cops weren't welcome in Itaewon, and he intended to let them know it.

"And how can I help you, officers?" asked the man in his thirties, in a condescending tone.

The two investigators immediately sensed the hostility he was exuding, but they had to ignore it.

"We're looking for someone. A certain Jeon Jeongguk." Namjoon explained in a professional tone.

Seokjin's eyes were riveted on Yoongi, watching his every move. But unfortunately for him, the thirty-year-old had become a master at hiding his emotions. He remained totally unmoved, his gaze cold and his face impassive in the face of the two men.

"There's no one here by that name." Yoongi simply replied.

This time Jin stepped forward, no longer able to hide his annoyance.

"There's no point in lying, we know he works here."

Yoongi, whose gaze had been fixed on Namjoon until now, turned to the detective and stared into his cold eyes. Jin shuddered.

"I do have an employee called Jung Jungkook, but no Jeon Jeongguk."

"We also know it's the same person."

Yoongi paused, plunging the room into silence, his dark gaze fixed on Seokjin.

"As I said, there's no one here by that name."

Jin was losing his patience. All he wanted to do was talk to Jeongguk. He wanted to hear the truth from him. And stop him from going any further. He couldn't let him kill anymore. Because even with Kang dead, there was no guarantee he'd be able to stop killing. Such violence, such trauma, could never be cured. Especially when you continued to surround yourself with violence. And that violence bore the name of Kim Taehyung.

"Is there a problem?"

The three of them turned towards the door leading to the auditorium, their eyes landing on a short blond man in a suit, who was staring at them curiously. But Jin and Namjoon didn't miss the gun hanging from his belt.