- Thirty-Fourth -

Jeongguk let the warm water run down his body, running his hands through his hair as he closed his eyes. He felt lighter, better. Telling Taehyung everything had done him a lot of good. He'd kept all those horrors inside him, locked away so that no one could ever look at them again. But it made him suffer so much, it was as if these events were consuming him from the inside, and would soon have destroyed him completely.

He had been so scared. Afraid that no one would understand him. After all, he was a mistake in himself, a real danger to society. More than wearing women's clothes in a society where the slightest difference was repressed, he had killed his own mother.

After that, he disappeared completely. Where no one could find him. Yoongi had helped him then. He would be forever grateful to him for that. They had met when Jeongguk was sixteen, at which time Yoongi was a music teacher and managed the choir at Jeongguk's school. Yoongi saw the teenager's potential straight away, and they became very close, the teacher sometimes giving him private lessons, trying to motivate him to work in music later. When he had to flee, he was the only one who could help him. Yoongi had already opened his own cabaret and was already involved with the mafia. He didn't ask him any questions or ask for anything in return. He helped him change his identity and gave him a roof over his head until he could become independent.

Jeongguk owed him his life. Few people could claim having the singer's absolute loyalty. In fact, Yoongi and Taehyung were the only ones. Yoongi had saved him, and Taehyung had loved him.

In the end, he wasn't as alone as he thought. He had always been convinced that when he lost his mother he was alone, and that he would be until the day he died. That he would never again be loved by anyone, that he would never be able to trust anyone but himself. Knowing that this was not the case, that he was no longer alone, made him smile again. Just a little.

***

Taehyung was leaning against his kitchen counter, a cup of coffee in his hand, his gaze riveted on the toaster. His eyes were staring into space, proof that he was actively thinking. Inevitably, he thought back to what Jeongguk had told him a few minutes earlier. After comforting him, he had suggested that he go and take a hot shower to clear his head. But it was above all that Taehyung also needed this time to analyse everything he had just learned. He suspected that the singer was surrounded by darkness, but honestly, he hadn't imagined anything so dark, so complicated.

It must have been so hard for Jeongguk, his heart sank just thinking about it. Such suffering should never be experienced by a child. Don't misunderstand, Taehyung was a sadist, a psychopath, something he recognised himself. He loved making people suffer, watching them bleed, crying and begging for their lives to be spared, only to snatch it away without remorse. This lack of remorse was also because all humans had committed sins, we all had a reason to suffer.

But children had never committed any sin. They had an innocence that even Taehyung refused to taint. So to imagine his little Jeongguk, with his big doe eyes that reflected that wonderful youthful innocence, suffering so much; to imagine tears in those eyes that for the gangster contained entire galaxies, was unbearable.

And knowing that one of the culprits was still free, still alive, and that he had attacked his dove again was even more so. And this time, Jeongguk would no longer be fighting alone. Until now, Taehyung had been a mere spectator, but that was about to change. The gangster was about to enter the arena too.

He finally snapped out of his torpor, grabbing his mobile phone from the back pocket of his pants, and hurried to call someone, preferring to make the call before Jeongguk got out of the shower. The singer would have nothing to worry about. The person picked up after two rings, and Taehyung once again adopted a serious, almost terrifying expression.

"Jimin?"

"Hm?" replied the other with a sleepy tone, certainly awakened by the call from his boss.

"I want you to do some research for me. It's really important."

Jimin didn't reply immediately, but he could hear him fidgeting on the other side, proof that he was waking up.

"For what?" Jimin finally asked, his voice clearer.

Taehyung's eyes suddenly darkened at the thought.

"Kang Minho."

He could almost see Jimin frowning.

"Kang Minho? The kid? What about him? I know you don't like him, but it's not like he's a threat to us..."

"He is. So I want to know absolutely everything about him. And when I say everything, Jimin, that means everything. I want you to find me a way to wipe that cockroach off the face of this planet. I want to destroy him completely. Ruin him before he comes crawling to me for mercy. I don't care what it takes. If you have to use all my wealth, then do it. Do you understand me, Jimin?"

"Yes, I will, boss."

Taehyung hummed with satisfaction and hung up. He knew he could trust Jimin to do this; he'd soon be bringing him Kang's head on a silver platter. But despite his confidence, the anger burning inside him wouldn't subside. He already hated Kang, but now that hatred had multiplied.

Suddenly he heard the bathroom door open and his gaze fell on Jeongguk, wiping his hair with a towel. And his breath was caught in his throat, so beautiful was the little singer. He didn't have any clothes here yet, so he'd borrowed some from Taehyung. The T-shirt was too big for him, slipping over his shoulders, like an invitation for the gangster to come and stain his milky skin with his love marks. He was wearing only boxers, revealing his long, tempting legs, which the gangster loved to see tied around his own waist. His thoughts became more and more obscene, obsessive. Jeongguk was a work of art that Taehyung couldn't look away from.

Jeongguk approached him, with a naturally sensual gait, and Taehyung spread his arms slightly, inviting him inside. Jeongguk didn't hesitate for a moment, pressing his body against the gangster's warm, powerful one and burying his face in the hollow of his neck. Taehyung closed his arms around his waist, securing his hands on his hips.

"Feeling better, baby?" whispered the gangster, in a husky voice that made the singer shiver.

"Hm."

Taehyung smiled as he felt the young man relax in his embrace. And his heart melted even more when Jeongguk looked up at him, those big doe eyes that had become the gangster's weakness. He couldn't help but kiss him, capturing his soft, plump lips in his, and sighed with satisfaction when he felt Jeongguk respond to the kiss.

"Hurry up and eat, dove, because we've got a full programme today." Taehyung whispered to him as they parted.

Jeongguk frowned.

"Why, what are we going to do?"

A sly smirk appeared on the gangster's lips, and the singer knew that it didn't bode well.

" Some shopping."

~🥀~

Here we go, today His Obsession has reached 100 pages one Word!! So I wanted to ask you, what do you think about this story so far? We didn't talka lot lately, I just write the chapters, publish them and go to bed😂 so I wanted to know about your feelings, I would be happy if you took the time to answer....🥺💕

Anyway, hope you liked this chapter❤