- Fiftieth -

When Taehyung arrived at the casino about an hour later, all his employees could see that he was raging mad. Nothing could be more normal: he had had to leave the comfort of Jeongguk's arms to join the man who had raped and abused him. He had managed not to wake his dove, mainly so as not to worry him, but since then his mood had been really bad. It was not far from midnight, so his casino was full. There were customers absolutely everywhere, and the presence of so many people certainly wasn't helping to calm him down. He just wanted to go home, where Jeongguk was waiting for him.

When Jimin saw him arrive, he swallowed. Hoseok was at his side, and he wasn't doing too well either. They got on well with Taehyung, but when he got upset, he became someone else. They'd never told Jeongguk, but the night he'd abandoned Taehyung at the gala, the man had gone berserk and literally turned the whole top floor of the casino upside down, destroying everything in his rage. He only began to calm down when there was nothing left to break. Of course, everything had been cleaned up and refurnished a few hours later.

"Where is he?" he asked coldly as he approached them.

The two friends glanced quickly at each other, before Jimin answered his boss.

"He's in the manager's office. We thought it would be better to isolate him, so he wouldn't cause too many problems."

Taehyung nodded, and immediately headed for the office, followed closely by the two men.

"Did he say why he was there?" Taehyung continued.

"No, he just said he wanted to talk to you. Otherwise he wouldn't leave the casino."

"Why didn't you throw him out?"

A silence followed Taehyung's question, and he had to turn to look into Jimin's eyes, who bit his cheek.

"He said he had compromising information about Jeongguk. Since he used that name, I thought it best not to provoke him."

Taehyung tended to forget it, but Jeongguk was still hiding his identity. And even though Jimin and Hoseok knew the name now, they didn't know the whole story behind it. Even so, they suspected it was a huge secret. And the mere fact that Kang knew about it proved that he was dangerous.

"Okay... Well, leave us for the moment. I'll call you if I need you."

The two men nodded, and watched silently as their boss entered the manager's office.

When Taehyung closed the door behind him, he came face to face with Minho. The man was sitting on the small sofa in the room, staring at Taehyung with a smirk on his face. The gangster, for his part, showed not the slightest emotion, remaining completely unmoved. Both managed to hide their deep anger successfully.

They didn't greet each other, Taehyung simply taking a seat at the manager's desk and falling into the luxurious armchair. He folded his hands in his lap, still glaring fiercely at Kang.

"What took you so long?" Minho finally remarked, in a mocking and accusatory tone.

"I'm not at your service."

"You'd make a terrible employee."

"That's why I decided to be the boss. And judging by the state of your company, I'm doing much better than you in that respect."

Minho bit his cheek to prevent himself from reacting, the fact that Taehyung had mentioned the downfall of his company making him absolutely furious. After all, it was because of Taehyung that he was on the verge of bankruptcy. The bloody mobster didn't lack nerve.

"And it seems to me that I owe this success to you." Minho replied anyway, with a touch of sarcasm.

Taehyung's anger diminished slightly when he saw Minho's annoyance. Knowing that he had been able to shake that mask of pride that Kang Minho always wore was a real delight for the gangster. He couldn't contain his smile.

"So you know all about it. It seems that Oh is incapable of holding his tongue."

"You knew he'd talk in the end."

Taehyung's smile widened.

"Maybe."

Minho was finding it harder and harder to hide his annoyance, especially at Taehyung's condescending tone.

"Why do this?" Kang finally asked. "In what my ruin will benefit you?"

"I just wanted my money back..."

"Cut the crap, you haven't asked him for a single won!" exclaimed Minho, his face red with anger.

He'd had enough of being humiliated. But his little outburst didn't seem to impress Taehyung at all, who remained unmoved. An idea suddenly sprang to Minho's mind.

"It's because of that bitch Jeongguk, isn't it? What, are you angry that he abandoned you that night? If it's him you want, take him back! Nobody but you could want a faggot like him!"

Taehyung smashed his fist violently against the desk, cracking the wood with the impact. Minho gasped, and fear flashed through his eyes as he met Taehyung's menacing gaze.

"One more word about my dove and I'll kill you on the spot."

Minho swallowed, a lump of stress forming in his throat. He had never been so afraid for his life. And he found it hard to understand why. Was he really being threatened... for someone like Jeongguk? Seriously?

"I know what you did to Jeongguk, Minho." Taehyung spat. "And I can assure you that I'm dying to kill you with my own hands, here and now. But that would be too simple. You deserve a far more painful death."

Minho was shaking. Literally. His gaze was fixed on Taehyung, and for the first time he saw him as a real gangster. He finally understood the danger Kim Taehyung represented. But despite everything, he couldn't give up. His life was at stake.

"Mr Kim, p-please..." he stammered. "Let's talk it over, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement... This company is my whole life..."

But he overestimated Taehyung's compassion.

"That's why I intend to destroy it. Watch your company burn before your very eyes, Kang Minho. I look forward to the day when you'll crawl at Jeongguk's feet and beg his forgiveness."

The two men stared at each other again, one trembling with fear, the other with anger. Minho couldn't believe it. He hadn't thought that someone as insignificant as Jeongguk would one day cause him so much trouble. He should have killed him that day. And dumped his body in that filthy toilet. Where he belonged.

"I-I-"

"You should go, Kang. Before I decide to finish you off early. You still have a bit of a struggle ahead of you."

Minho sensed that if he stayed another second in this casino, he would either faint or be killed. So he obeyed, rising slowly from the sofa and leaving the room in which he was suffocating.

Taehyung watched the office door close without saying a word, and when he was finally alone, sank back heavily into the armchair with a sigh. His gaze immediately fell on the wood he had broken with his fist.

"I've got to go home, I miss my dove already..."

~🥀~

Hello! I just realised, but it's been a year now that this account exist! I've been much more longer on Wattpad (my first account being created in 2013), but this one is special. So thank you for your support, on this book, and on the others, for my readers who read them all.

I hope we will continue this journey together.❤

See you💕