- Twentieth -

I'm back! I'm feeling much better, so I was able to write this chapter!

~🥀~

When Jungkook got off the stage and returned to the dressing room, he was surprised to find Suzy there. Normally, she too would leave with the rest of the dancers, because like them, she had spent the whole day rehearsing for the evening's show, so she was always far too tired to stay. But right now, she was sitting on a stool at the back of the room, with a dress on her lap. The singer approached her, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. "Shouldn't you have left by now?"

Suzy lifted her head from the dress and gave him a small smile.

"One of the girls broke her dress when she took it off earlier." she explained, pointing at the garment. "The boss always pays a fortune for these outfits, so I thought I'd fix it before I left."

Jungkook smiled slightly. After Yoongi, there was no doubt that Suzy was the most involved. This cabaret was her whole life, it was a bit hers too. At least, that's how Yoongi saw it. The singer was almost certain that Suzy was in the thirty-year-old's will. No one would bring more love to this cabaret than her.

"As devoted as ever." he remarked.

She laughed softly, while the young man sat down at one of the dressing tables, grabbing a few cotton pads to start removing his make-up. Suzy went back to her sewing, but a mischievous little smile gradually appeared on her lips.

"Your admirer wasn't there tonight." she said.

Jungkook stopped and turned to her, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Who?"

"Kim Taehyung. He's come to see you every night, and sometimes you leave the cabaret with him. Did you really think I wouldn't notice? So what, are you two dating?"

"No." he replied immediately, perhaps a little too quickly.

It was Suzy's turn to frown, clearly confused by such a categorical refusal.

"Oh stop it, Jungkook, not too me. I saw the way you two were looking at each other. It's clearly more than friendship."

Or sex, she wanted to add, but stopped herself. And when she saw Jungkook's eyes darken, a mixture of anger and deep distress, she began to worry.

"Jungkook-"

"No. I'm a man, Suzy. Two men can't love each other, you know that. Everyone knows that."

"What? Jungkook we don't care about gender, as long as we love each other..."

"No, it's wrong. And I know Taehyung feels the same way."

She saw the sadness overtake the anger in the young man's eyes.

"He may think I'm pretty and sexy, but he'll never fall in love with me. Because he's not an anomaly like me."

Suzy understood that Jungkook wanted to put an end to this discussion, so she didn't reply. Jungkook was too much of a mystery to her. Honestly, she didn't feel she could help him without sinking too. Perhaps only someone as dark as him could help him.

The room fell silent again, soon interrupted by Jungkook's phone vibrating, indicating that he had received a message. It was from Taehyung.

"I've got your man, he's waiting for you. I sent Jimin to pick you up at the cabaret."

The singer grinned contentedly. He had built up too much anger and frustration, and Jang Hajoon would be the perfect victim to let it all out.

***