- Twenty-seventh -

Jungkook got out of the shower, wiping his hair before throwing the towel into the corner of his room and falling on his bed. There were only a few hours left before Taehyung came to get him, so they could go to the gala together. He still found it hard to believe that he'd agreed. It wasn't like him. Mixing with the world like this, trying to live. He had become so used to shutting himself up at home, his only social moments being work and the cabaret, that the slightest outing seemed like an ordeal.

His gaze unconsciously wandered to the huge painting on one of the walls of his bedroom. It showed a field of flowers, nothing very impressive. He stood up and approached the painting. When he reached it, he grabbed the corners of the frame and unhooked it from the wall, placing it in a corner without looking at it, as if it didn't matter. Because it didn't. What was interesting was what lay behind the painting.

The entire wall was covered with photos, articles, links between Instagram and Facebook accounts. And on some photos, large red crosses covered the faces. Those of his previous victims. He had been plotting his revenge for almost ten years. Ten years of his life that he had sacrificed to find each of these men and make their lives a living hell. He had died ten years ago, because of them, and he intended to take them all down with him.

He let his fingers wander over the papers on the wall, tracing the red lines, the letters of the articles, the faces. It would soon be finished. He would soon be able to die and be reunited with those he loved. Ten years he'd been waiting for this. His fingers came to rest on a face, the only one not yet crossed out. It had been cut out, probably from a group photo. The only one Jungkook had. He was like a ghost, the only one he couldn't find. Ten years he'd been looking for him, ten years he'd failed. He was so close to his goal, but every day that went by without being able to find this man seemed to take him further away from it.

"You know I'm looking for you..."

The singer finally turned his gaze away from the photo, feeling his negative emotions gradually overtake the little rationality he had left. He finally grabbed the picture, putting it back in its place, hiding all the photos again, and turned away, preferring to head for his wardrobe. He still had to get ready for the gala. Taehyung would be here soon.

Opening the wardrobe, he immediately came across the outfit the gangster had bought him. They'd ended up opting for a black, non-gendered velvet jumpsuit. Jungkook had wanted to buy a suit, but after many fittings, he had to accept that it didn't suit him. His waist was too slim, too slender. He could wear them, but he looked ridiculous. So he'd turned to clothes that were a bit more 'feminine'. And strangely enough, Taehyung was very enthusiastic about it. First the dress, and now the jumpsuit. Why did he seem so keen to see Jungkook in women's clothes?

Or rather, why wasn't he disgusted by the idea? How could he so easily accept a part of Jungkook that he himself refused to admit?

He didn't understand. He didn't understand Taehyung's interest in this. Wasn't it a total disgrace to be seen with Jungkook, who despite all his efforts couldn't manage to look like a man, as society expected of him? What did Taehyung really gain from this?

He didn't know, and that was what troubled him the most. That was why he couldn't accept Taehyung. Because their exchange wasn't equal. And the gangster would end up stabbing him in the back. Jungkook couldn't bear another wound.

He had to save himself.

The singer finally brushed aside all his negative thoughts. He had to concentrate. For the moment, his priority was the gala, nothing else. His doubts and insecurities would have to wait.

He had just enough time to get ready before Taehyung call him, telling him he was waiting around the corner. After all, they had agreed that it would be better if the neighbourhood didn't see the gangster. The less the two men were seen together, the better. It wasn't impossible that the police would end up taking an interest in one of them, so it was better to be cautious.