- Twenty-ninth -

As requested by the majority, Jungkook's trauma will come later. Honestly, for the sake of the story, it should have been this chapter (which is what was originally planned), but putting myself in your shoes, I thought you'd be happier with this version. As a reader myself, I would have asked for the same thing as you. I hope I've kept this chapter understandable, even if you don't know what Jungkook's trauma is (although some of you may have already guessed😆).

Anyway, good reading💕

~🥀~

Day was beginning to break, bathing the room in a soft orange light. And as the darkness of the night gradually disappeared, the light revealed a ransacked room, in which cries for help had been ignored.

Kang was sitting on the corner of the bed, buttoning his clean shirt, and at his feet was the old garment, completely dirty and torn. His face was impassive, no anger, no sadness, no joy. No remorse. Only... serenity.

Once his clothes were back on, he straightened up and moved towards the armchair at the back of the room, on which a black jacket had been placed, which he grabbed and put on. Only then did he finally deign to turn towards the bed, or rather, the person on it.

Jungkook was lying there, his clothes torn, his eyes closed, as if he were asleep. But he was conscious, and sleep was far too terrifying for him. His body and face were swollen, some wounds deeper than others. Kang smiled, satisfied, and approached the young man nonchalantly.

"I had a lot of fun, Jeongguk." he said, without the singer looking at him, keeping his eyes closed.

But Kang wasn't waiting for an answer. He had made sure all night that Jungkook would never try to rebel against him again. And that simple thought only accentuated the horrible smile that had graced his lips.

"On that note..."

The man turned to leave, but stopped in the middle of the room, before digging into one of his coat pockets and returning to Jungkook.

"Oh, I almost forgot... I brought this back for you, I thought you might like it back..."

He pointed to a small photo in his hand, which he dropped, it fluttering down to land delicately on the singer's chest. After that, he left the room for good, without a glance for his victim.

As the door slammed shut, the room was plunged back into dead silence. But for Jungkook, it had never been so noisy. He squeezed his eyes tighter, trying to hold back the tears. He ached everywhere. The pain was both physical and psychological. He felt as if he'd gone back ten years ago.

Could he never win against Minho? Why did the man always get the better of him? He'd been living like a ghost for ten years because of him. Jungkook just wanted to be free, free from the demons that were eating him up inside, that kept him awake at night. That kept him from smiling.

Could he never die with a light heart? What kind of curse had been put on him to keep him chained like this, with no hope of ever seeing the light again?

The singer sighed, before finally opening his eyes again. He let his gaze wander quickly around the room, before finding the strength to stand up. His wounds gave him a lot of pain, but the physical pain was nothing compared to the pain in his heart.

Tonight he felt as if he had lost everything. He was alone again, and more bruised than ever. His eyes fell on the photo Minho had left him, and this time the tears really came.

The photo had been cut out from a class photo. It showed a little girl in a pretty dress, her hair perfectly braided. She was about ten or twelve years old and looked exactly like Jungkook. Anyone who had known her family at the time would have said it was her twin sister, Hyuna. Even though they weren't the same sex, they looked very much alike.