Be my once in a lifetime

Sunday posed a formidable challenge for Faye. Despite finding comfort in Kurt's note, she yearned to be by his side as much as possible. However, without a means to contact him, she acknowledged that the band's matters took precedence for him at the moment, and he was simply doing what needed to be done. Determined to follow suit, as the hangover began to subside, she immersed herself once more in her textbooks, intent on sharpening her focus for the week ahead.

Monday progressed much like any other day, except for the fact that Kurt remained in Seattle, lending an extra edge to Faye's energy. Making her way directly to her composition literature class, her favorite subject, she found herself drawn again to topics derived from the exploration of stories, poems, and plays. Often, she couldn't help but think "Kurt would like this," jotting down quick notes on the side.

The morning unfurled gradually, and soon the campus was buzzing with activity as lunchtime approached and Faye decided to venture to the bakery across the campus to grab a quick bite.

As she strolled through the familiar paths, a voice called out her name, drawing her attention. "Hey, Faye! Over here!" The sound came from her left, and when she turned, she spotted Blake waving enthusiastically, accompanied by another figure. Her heart leaped as she recognized the handsome blond boy standing beside him – Kurt.

Eagerly, she hurried over to them, her steps quickening and soon she found herself in Kurt's arms once again. "I promised I'd come to you, didn't I?" he murmured, holding her close and leaning in for a kiss.

Beside them, Blake granted with a nod, a playful grin on his face. "Hey, can I get a tip for bringing him all the way to you?" He quipped, breaking the moment with his trademark humor.

Faye chuckled, pulling back slightly. "I'm sorry, Blake," she replied, her gaze lingering on Kurt. "You're the best, thank you." Despite her gratitude, her attention remained firmly fixed on Kurt, her heart singing with joy at his unexpected arrival.

"I have some incredible news," Kurt exclaimed, his face beaming with excitement. "We officially have a new drummer."

Her eyes lit up with delight, and she enveloped him in a hug. "That's amazing, Kurt! I knew things would work out perfectly," her voice filled with genuine happiness.

He returned her embrace, his hands gently cradling her head as he gazed into her eyes. "I can hardly believe it myself, but it seems like everything is falling into place," his tone covered in disbelief. "He's something else, Faye. I'm telling you."

"I'm so happy for you," she murmured, leaning in for another kiss. The moment felt surreal, but she couldn't contain her joy at seeing Kurt so elated.

"So... are we just going to stand here or..." Blake's inquiry interrupted the moment, his hand resting on his chin as he glanced between them.

Kurt let out a soft sigh, "Damn. We have to go now," his words elicted a puzzled expression from Faye.

"Wait, already?" her voice carried a hint of disappointment, her brows furrowing in confusion.

Kurt ran a hand through his hair, a nervous habit of his. "I know it's a bummer, baby, but I have to meet with the band once again. We have so many things to discuss now," he explained apologetically. "I just came to see you as I promised I would."

Blake chimed in, his tone casual. "Why don't you come along? I'm sure there's no problem," he suggested, extending the invitation.

Faye's eyes lit up at the prospect of spending more time with Kurt, and she promptly accepted it. "I'd love to. If that's okay with you," her expression resembling that of a lost puppy seeking approval.