I was so confused as a little child

"Hey, baby, c'mon," Kurt's voice broke through Faye's deep sleep, a state she hadn't experienced in a long time. "Amy's here."

Faye slowly started to open her eyes, Kurt standing next to her. "Amy's here?" She managed to ask.

"Yeah, you've been sleeping so deeply, I didn't want to wake you. But she says you guys have to head back."

She could barely keep her eyes open. "C'mon," he coaxed, lifting her by the hands as she sat up on the bed.

"I don't want to," she murmured, leaning into his shoulders, feeling a warm haze of contentment.

"Then stay forever," he chuckled, placing a gentle hand on her hair.

She buried her face in his chest, savoring the closeness, before finally standing up. She felt an immense peace of mind, a rare tranquility that made everything else seem distant. With Kurt being the first thing she saw upon waking, it was like a vision of heaven now.

"I love you," she whispered, staring up at him with half-lidded eyes.

"I love you too," he noticed Faye's behavior and found it odd. "You okay?" he asked, his brow furrowed.

"Yeah, just a bit tired," she brushed her eyes. "Must've really needed that sleep."

Kurt still seemed unsure but brushed it off. "Alright, I'll take your things to the living room while you get down to Earth."

As Faye was trying to fix her hair, she noticed the time on the clock. It was almost 7 PM. She had slept all day, but she didn't regret a single bit of it. Sleep had been a struggle lately, and that rainy Sunday had been a blessing.

She put on her coat, glancing around the room. The orange pill bottle was still on the bedside table. In a split second, she grabbed a few more tablets and shoved them into her pocket.

She knew this was wrong. The pills weren't hers, and taking them without permission was a line she had never crossed before. But the resting they had provided was unlike any she'd had in weeks. It was as if those hours of sleep had wiped away the weight of the world, if only temporarily. She reasoned with herself that having a few more on hand could be useful later. After all, who knew when she might need that escape again? Just for emergencies, she thought. Just for those nights when everything felt too much.

With that rationalization, she steeled and headed out to meet Kurt and Amy.

"Oh my, you must have been really tired," Amy remarked, rising from the couch as she entered.

Faye felt a little disoriented as she stepped into the living room. She caught a glimpse of her image in the hallway mirror and noticed her face looked slightly puffy and her eyes were still half-lidded, giving her a very off appearance.

"Yeah, I guess I was," she replied, trying to sound casual as she tugged at her coat. The reflection in the mirror confirmed she looked far from her usual self, with her hair still slightly damp and sticking out in odd directions despite her earlier attempts to fix it.

"She was out like a light," Kurt explained. "I've never seen you sleep that deeply."

Faye nodded, still feeling the lingering effects of the deep rest. She felt a slight fogginess in her mind, but the peacefulness she was experiencing was worth it.

"We should probably get going if we want to make it back at a reasonable hour." Amy glanced at her watch.

"Let me just grab my bag," she said, moving towards her belongings.

Kurt handed her the rest of her things. "You sure you're alright?" he whispered.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Faye reassured.