For the first time in my life my eyes are wide open

The weight of the long weekend started to finally take its toll on Faye. The early hours hit her hard, and the lack of proper sleep and decent meals had a price. But all of that could wait a little longer.

Standing outside of her dorm, Kurt's hand found hers, his touch grounding her in the present moment. Her heart went heavy as she could almost guess what he was about to say.

"Hey," he said softly, his eyes searching hers. "Looks like it is time to say goodnight," his voice lower than usual.

"I guess it is," she looked up at him, leaning closer. "I just wish it didn't have to end."

Their breath mingled in the crisp air, reluctant to let go of each other's presence. Kurt's gaze softened as he reached out to tuck a stray strand of hair behind Faye's ear, his touch gentle against her skin.

"Me too," he admitted. "But we'll see each other again soon, right?"

Faye nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Sure we will. It's just... December is going to be tough for both of us."

"Yeah... you've got finals, I've got band stuff... It's going to be hectic." Kurt agreed, his brow furrowing slightly as he considered the upcoming month.

"Yeah," Faye sighed, feeling the weight of their impending responsibilities. "But we'll make it work, right? We always do."

"Of course. We'll make time for each other, no matter how busy things get." A small smile playing on his lips. "Besides, it doesn't change a bit how I feel about you."

Faye's heart swelled at his words. "You're such a sweetheart, Kurt. I'm really lucky to have you."

"Hey, I'm the lucky one," Kurt squeezed her hand reassuringly. "I never thought I'd find someone like you. For the first time in my life everything is clear in my mind."

Before she could register his intent, his lips met hers in a tender, lingering kiss. Time seemed to stand still, the world around them fading into insignificance. Faye's breath caught in her throat, sending a jolt of electricity through her. In that moment, nothing else mattered except the warmth of his touch.

As they finally pulled away, Faye was breathless and dizzy. She looked up at Kurt, the words feeling like a revelation as they escaped her lips. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too, Faye," his eyes reflecting the depth of his emotions. "More than you'll ever know."

As they stood there, bathed in the soft glow of the streetlights, Faye knew that no matter what the future held, as long as she had Kurt by her side everything would be okay.

"Goodnight, Kurt," her voice barely murmured against the stillness of the early morning hours.

"Goodnight, Faye," his response came, laden with an unspoken reluctance, a wish to hold onto the moment just a little while longer.

With one last lingering look, she turned and made her way back to her dorm. Climbing into bed, she couldn't shake that unsettling feeling. Despite the exhaustion that threatened to pull her under, sleep remained elusive, her mind racing with thoughts of Kurt and the fleeting moments they shared. And as the first light of dawn began to filter through the curtains, she was once again lost in a sea of longing, yearning for just a little more time in Kurt's arms.

Despite her efforts to keep her eyes closed, Faye couldn't fall asleep. As soon as Amy woke up, she decided there was no point in continuing to try. Rising from her bed, she began to unpack her bag, which had remained untouched since her return.

"Morning, Faye. How was Thanksgiving?" Amy, still half-asleep, rubbed her eyes as she spoke.

"Hey, Amy. It was alright. What about you?" Her attention focused on sorting through her belongings, unsure of how much she wanted to share about her holiday.