meeting again

Riley's point of view

Two years passed since I graduated college, I had lost all contact with Andrew since then but I was still friends with Jaycee and Hazel. Ryder and I had a place of our own after Ryder and I got an apartment after I got a job working as a waitress, it wasn't much but it kept a roof over our head while he got a job delivering packages to various locations.

I was at work when I seen a group of guys walk in and sit down at a table and I couldn't help but feel like I knew one of them but I decided not to say anything about it and I quickly walked over to the table they were at.

Riley: what can I get you guys?

Jared: I will have a steak dinner with a beer

Elliot: I will have the same thing.

Riley: okay and how about you sir?

I seen him look up from the menu and noticed that he had this wide eye look on his face before he said anything.

Andrew: Riley, is that you?

Riley: yeah umm, do I know you?

Andrew: yeah, we went to college together...

I continued staring at him like I didn't know what he was talking about but in reality I knew who he was.

Andrew: your ex boyfriend and my ex girlfriend was...

Riley: okay, slow down cowboy. I remember you, so what are you going to order Drew?

Andrew: I'll have the burger with fries and a water.

Riley: okay, your food will be here in twenty. Let me know if I can get you guys anything else.

I started walking away when I heard one of the guys that I didn't recognize say something about what happened.

Jared: well that was awkward...

Twenty minutes passed and I took them what they ordered as I put the plates in front of them.

Riley: here you guys go, can I get anything else for you?

Elliot: no...

Jared: no thanks...

Andrew: no...

Riley: okay, enjoy your food.

I sat down behind the bar and every once in awhile glanced over at them to make sure they didn't need something when I noticed that he was looking at me. I didn't make a big deal about it until he approached the bar and said my name.

Andrew: hey Riley, can we talk?

Riley: sure...

I walked to the back with him and was about to sit down when I seen him standing close to me.

Riley: hi...

Andrew: hi...

I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt him place his hands on my back and gave me a hug back.

Andrew: it's good to see you again.

Riley: I agree. So how have you been doing?

Andrew: I'm good, I am the lead singer of a band now. How are things with you?

Riley: things are good.

Andrew: so do you live close by, I would love to walk you home if that's okay with you.

Riley: just like old times, I would like that.

He waited around until it was closing time and I noticed how he was looking at me while I cleaned the bar off with a damp cloth.

As we walked towards my apartment, I felt him carefully grab onto my hand. I didn't pull my hand away from him because it felt right, we finally arrived to my apartment and I let him know that we were here.

Riley: this is me...

Andrew: more walking?

Riley: do you want to come up?

Andrew: I should get back to the guys before they do something stupid.

Riley: right well... good night and thank you for walking me home.

I watched as he was about to walk away when I called his name and seen him turn around as he looked at me again.

Andrew: I don't want to intrude.

Riley: you're not intruding, please come up with me.