meeting her ( pt. 2 )

Ryder's point of view

After we got back to the apartment I immediately confronted Riley about what she said to Nova.

Ryder: I can't believe you told her that you were going to round up the band. It's just me and you Riley, we don't have a band.

Riley: relax Ryder, I have a plan.

A few minutes passed and I seen her friend walking through the door with two other guys.

Ryder: this is your plan? Riley we're not in a band with them.

Andrew: easy Ryder, whatever your sister has planned will work. Trust her.

Riley: I know that we're not a band but Nova doesn't know and with her showing up to let us hear her play can help make our decision easier.

Ryder: fine, just promise that you'll tell her that they're not with us.

Jared: I can see Ryder's point, this Nova person deserves to know the truth.

Elliot: Jared is right, why are we wasting our time helping these two Andrew?

I noticed that he looked over at my sister when I suddenly realized why he decided to come but I didn't say anything.

Andrew: because there was once she helped me when I needed her and it's time I returned the favor. You two don't have to stay but I'm going to help her with this.

Jared: I'm out of here...

Elliot: yeah me too, I don't want our manager thinking that we're recruiting new band members. Let's go Jared.

Several more minutes passed and Nova walked inside with her dad and ours.

Alec: I hope we didn't come at a bad time.

Riley: no dad, this is Andrew.

Ryder: anyway, Nova let's hear what you got.

She played a few notes and I noticed that Riley was impressed with what she was hearing.

Nova: so what do you think?

Andrew: she did amazing Riley.

Ryder: I agree.

Riley: I say something is missing.

Ryder: what do you mean? She did amazing. I say she's in.

Riley: alright, that's one vote. What do you think Drew?

Andrew: it's your call Riley, you're the lead singer of the band.

Riley: welcome to the band Nova.

After her father and ours left, Nova and I decided to talk about future shows while Andrew and Riley went somewhere else.