skipping it

Riley's point of view

It was the day of my mother's funeral and I decided to stay with Andrew while it was going on, I was laying in his arms while he held me close.

Andrew: it's going to be okay Riley, I'm not going anywhere.

I seen Elliot and Jared walking towards me when Andrew stopped them.

Andrew: now isn't a good time guys, give us some privacy please.

I buried my face in his jacket and softly started crying as the turned around and left.

Riley: I can't believe she's gone.

Andrew: do you want me to go with you to the funeral?

Riley: I don't want to see her that way.

Andrew: is there something I can do to get your mind off it?

Riley: can you just hold me please?

Andrew: I can for a little while but I have to go rehearse with the guys before the show tonight baby bear.

I felt him gently wrap his arms around my waist as he held me close and I fell asleep crying so much.

When I woke up I heard my phone ringing and seen that it was my dad calling me as I quickly answered.

Riley: hello?

Alec: hey honey, I know you're probably spending time with a friend but I need you to come over so we can talk.

Riley: okay dad, I will be there shortly.

I walked off the tour bus and seen the guys walking off the stage and walked to the bus since the show was over.

Andrew: are you leaving baby bear?

Riley: yeah, dad wants to talk with me about something so I am heading there now.

Andrew: do you want me to come with you?

Riley: if you want to, I know you guys are going to the next show and I don't want you missing it.

Andrew: I can have them meet me there, you're my main priority baby.

After we headed to my dad's place, I felt him place his hand in mine while we walked inside the house, Ryder was sitting on the couch with Nova and dad was in the back yard.

I walked to where he was and closed the door and sat down beside him.

Riley: dad...?

Alec: hey sweetheart.

Riley: I'm sorry for not being at the funeral but I couldn't see mom laying in the casket.

Alec: I know sweetheart, I understand that you wanted to remember her the way she was. I see that you and Andrew worked things out.

Riley: yeah, I ran into him the night I took Gabriella to the concert two nights ago. What was it that you wanted to talk with me about dad?

Alec: nothing important, I was going through your mother's things and found something that she would want you to have.

Riley: what is it?