familiar face

Ryder's point of view

After Riley was released from the hospital, mom decided to call her brother and ask if Riley could stay in his guest house until she got back on her feet which agreed to let her stay as long as she liked, I knew it would do her some good being with Uncle Brantley because she could do her physical therapy there.

I drove her to his house and helped her out of the truck while Andrew took her things inside the guest house, before she was released from the hospital the doctor and a few of the nurses were worried that they would have to amputate her foot since she couldn't feel it but after they surgically repaired it, the feeling slowly came back and it caused her some discomfort from it.

Ryder: alright Riley, welcome to your home away from home.

Riley: I don't want to be here.

Ryder: what's wrong with being here, you used to love visiting Uncle Brantley and the horses when we were kids.

Riley: I know but we aren't kids anymore and I don't want to be an inconvenience for Uncle Brantley.

Brantley: you're not an inconvenience to me Riley, I know that you want to be in your own home right now but your mother thinks that it's better if you stay here until you can walk again.

Riley: I don't want to be someplace Andrew isn't.

Andrew: I know you don't want me to go but I have to meet up with the guys baby bear.

Riley: I know but I want to be with you on the road, my place is with you and I...

I watched as she immediately broke down and started crying, it hurt me seeing her like this and I knew Andrew would agree with that. I watched as Andrew held her close while calming her down.

Andrew: I'm not going anywhere baby bear, I know this is overwhelming for you but I need you to get better first.

Brantley: I've never seen you like this before Riley, what's going on with you darling?

Riley: I love you Uncle Brantley but I don't want to be here alone, I want to be on the road with my husband.

Brantley: your husband, when did you get married?

Andrew: we got married last week.

Riley: please let me go with you baby?

Andrew: if that's what you want, I hate seeing you upset.

Ryder: I will put her things in your truck. I hate rushing off Uncle Brantley but I need to get back to the hotel and meet up with the others.

Brantley: alright Ryder, it was good seeing you. Love you kiddo.

Ryder: love you too Uncle Brantley.

I carried her things to Andrew's truck and watched as Uncle Brantley helped her walk to it and gave her a hug before they left, I knew that she wanted to be on the road with us and the guys but her well being was far more important than anything else right now.