22

Season 4 - Episode 9

[Spider Island]

Since the students were taken on a field trip by Davenport, the others had the island to themselves. Bree was going to be reading by the pool. Adam was doing Adam things. Sara and Chase were going to go swimming after he finished all his tasks. Since they worked and lived together most would think they got annoyed of each other, but they didn't. They enjoyed one another company more than anyone else. Chase and she walked into the main hall after teaching a group of dolphins to wave, which Sara thought was adorable.

"Hey guys," Leo told them. "Would you like to do something?"

"We actually have plans," Sara smirked as she crossed her arms. Leo frowned.

"Of course you do, I don't even know why I asked." Adam came up behind him. "Oh, Adam."

"No." He moved around Leo. Sara stared at the large rock he had in his hands.

"You didn't even know what I was going to ask?" Adam turned around to face him.

"Oh, I'm sorry, continue."

"Would you like to hang-."

"No." He showed them the rock. "Look at this nice rock I found. I'm gonna put it in our room."

"Adam, that's not a rock, that's a fossil," Chase smirked. He reached for it, but Adam fought him. He yanked it from his hand and brought it over to the table setting it down. Douglas came over to look at it as well. Chase scanned it with his bionics. His face lit up and he gasped but he didn't explain anything yet.

"This is a prehistoric, sea spider," Chase grinned. "It went extinct millions of years ago."

"Way to make my rock boring," Adam left the room.

"I love spiders!" Leo smiled. "You know in high school they used to call me spider legs." He made a gesture with his hands and then sighed. "And now I'm realizing that's a bad thing."

"It looks like it's from the cretaceous period," Douglas observed as he leaned closer to the rock.

"You're right. It's from the Valanginian subdivision," Chase smirked happily as he looked at Sara and Bree. "I would have loved to have seen this spider while it was alive."

"Well maybe you can," Douglas pointed at him. "Before I got into bionics, I dabbled in biology." Douglas put his arm around Sara and Bree's shoulders. "I was trying to use fossils to bring extinct fossils back to life."

"And that explains why there is still no, Mrs. Douglas Davenport." Bree nodded.

"This specimen is almost perfectly preserved." Chase nodded.

"I wasn't able to crack it on my own, but maybe with your help I can."

"I'm pretty sure you weren't looking at me, but I'm in." Leo smiled. Douglas put his hand on Sara's shoulder.