30

Season 4 - Episode 17

[Human Eddy]

Sara and Striker were i nthe training area with students. It was their turn in the room while the others were already on lunch break. They only had a few more minutes left in the class before they could leave, but it was interrupted when Eddy appeared on the screen and started insulting everyone. Striker and Sara went down to the capsule room to relax away from others, well until Chase came in.

"Sara, I've gotta talk to you about something," He gave her a big smile, but he was fidgeting with his hands.

"You're nervous," She pointed at his hands. "Why are you nervous?"

"Bad news," Striker shook her head as she put her feet on the table. Chase looked at Striker and then back at Sara. She looked over at her. "I'm leaving. I'm leaving." She stood up off the couch and walked out of the capsule room.

"The president wants me on his environmental task force team," Chase explained. Sara leaned forward.

"Why are you nervous, this is amazing news!" She grabbed his hands tightly. "I don't know what it is, but you should do it."

"It's a committee of the world's smartest minds brought together to address major ecological issues," Chase explained. Sara was still confused, she thought this was amazing news.

"This is great news. The best actually, why aren't you more excited?"

"The president will be here to give him the stamp of approval, but after that, I leave." Sara stared at him. He interlaced their fingers.

"What do you mean? Like for good?" Chase nodded slowly.

"I would move to Washington, D.C., but I won't do anything unless you're okay with it." Sara stared at him for a moment. She knew he was telling the truth, if she wanted him to stay he would, but she would never make him do that. This was a big opportunity for him.

"Long distance isn't that hard," She moved her hands from his to cup his cheeks. "Take the job, well get interviewed first, but when you get the job go. You won't get this opportunity again." Chase stared at her.

"Would you come with me?" Sara leaned her forehead against his.

"I would follow you anywhere, but that's not my future. It's yours and besides." She leaned back letting out a deep breath. "If you leave, that means I have to make up for the fact that Adam and Bree are left without your intelligence."

"That's true," Chase smirked. "But, will we be okay?"

"I can call." She threaded her fingers through his hair. "We'll be fine, but you should take the job. If it's what you want for yourself, do it. I'm happy if you're happy." Chase kissed her briefly and then stood up cheering.