chapter two, annoying basketball player

━━ ♡ ━━━

derek hale and his group of friends was seen playing on the halls of the highschool, nearby the music room, where a fair skinned girl with dark brown hair was inside, trying to practice on a cello, but had no sense of concentration, since she was hearing loud talking and bouncing.

paige krasikeva closed her eyes, then opening them with a deep exhale, her face showing frustration, the girl then walked out of the room.

"do you mind? i'm trying to practice." paige huffs.

derek then smirks. "how do you know we're not trying to practice as well?"

paige's eye twitched in frustration, responding with a sarcastic smile. "you see–––let me sum it down for a language you'll understand, in slow-mo, music room is for practicing what i was doing and the gym is for basketball, are you understanding?"

derek smirks at her sass, knowing one person who has that attitude. "i see, you've been hanging out with aviva."

paige confusingly looks at him. "how do you-." paige was saying in confusion, but then slightly rolled her eyes, going to walk away. "whatever."

"you know, i'm pretty sure that basketball takes place with a ball." derek smirks.

paige glares at him in annoyance, as he kept bouncing the ball at her, her frustratedly shoving it back.

"okay, okay, i'll stop–––only if you get the ball from me." derek suggests.

paige looks at him, clearly irritated, derek showing her the ball, raising his brows, paige tried to get the ball, but he kept teasing her, her just getting tired, then storming away from him.

derek felt guilty for behaving the way how he was behaving, paige then looking back at him with an angered gaze, derek just staring at her.

one of derek's friends patted him on his shoulder affectionately. "come on, lover-boy, what are you trying to do? get two girlfriends?" the guy jokingly asking.

                     ━━━ ♡ ━━━

kate argent was seen walking into the woods that same day, her expecting to be alone, but then heard the sounds of arrows shooting then gunshot sounds, then a stench of gunpowder going into her sense of smell.

kate frowns, taking a further step towards where the sounds was coming from, her then seeing her nephew was practicing his shooting, instead of being at school.

kate hums, then smiling at her nephew. "your father's going to be so pissed after finding out you aren't school for your first day."

henrik sighs out, turning around to look at his aunt. "what's the big deal? i go to school, learn some crappy stuff, then we leave town?"

"and the girl from that night? come on, she probably might be going to that school?" kate smirks.

"when are we going after some werewolves?" henrik asks, ignoring her question.

"go to school, learn something." kate suggests with a smile, rubbing his hair.

"fine, whatever." henrik rolls his eyes, walking away from her.

as henrik was walking away, he had noticed a bike that was lying by a hill, him recognizing it as the unknown latina's bike.

"henrik? what are you doing?" kate turns around to look at her nephew.

henrik just ignored her, him going towards the bike, slightly lifting it, seeing a name pressed against the front of the bike, scrubbing the leaves from the name.