chapter nineteen, party in the woods

━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

aviva was seen throwing herself on a bed, her sighing out, her slightly bouncing as did the bed, her eyes looking around the yellow sunshine wallpapered bedroom, the one that didn't belong to her, hers were a more of a lavender color.

aviva then smiles. "thanks for letting me stay here."

"i just–––can't look at him, right now, after knowing what he's doing." aviva says as paige sat next to her, aviva then scoffing in disbelief. "and he has the audacity to lie to me, he was trying to make me a literal fool."

"did you tell her?" paige then asks.

"no, but i will–––do you think i should?" aviva was in the need of advice.

"do you think she'll be happy to know?" paige asks.

"no, but, she'll be upset not knowing sooner." aviva comments.

"i think you answered your own question." paige says.

aviva seemed confused, but nevertheless smiled agreement. "okay..." her confusingly smiling.

"but, you have the money." paige says.

aviva scoffs, smiling at her. "i am mad at him, not at the money!"

paige lightly chuckles. "aviva." paige then comes up with an idea. "hey, you wanna go somewhere?"

"i am not going in the woods to hunt for a body." aviva gave her a look.

"no, no, no, not that." paige smiles.

aviva confusingly looking at her. "then what?"

paige grins. "a party."

"...a party?" aviva asks.

"a party." paige states.

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

at the night of the party, out in the woods, loud bass music was heard all throughout the woods, kegs all seen line up, lots of kids all drunk, or leaning in to get drunk.

"he is nice, why are you being mean?"

aviva mccall, who was standing in a spot, a red cup in her hands, taking a drink of something, her dark brown eyes then flickering to her best friend, not quite understanding why she's bashing henrik.

"...is this because of derek? because–––you know, derek hates anyone who's better looking at him, take me for example." aviva smiles tipsily.

"aviva, henrik is-." paige was saying.

"really? you think you're better looking than me?" derek appears behind the latina.

instead of aviva throwing an insult at the teenage hale, she turned around, poking him on his noise, her smiling. "obviously!"

"you're drunk..." derek mumbles.

aviva then went to walk away, but then got stopped by paige. "you probably don't care what i'm saying, but, just think for a second, do you really want to get close to a guy like henrik?"

aviva glanced around, her cutely smiling at her. "i already did."

"i really don't think you should, he doesn't seem like he's trustworthy and you need-." paige was saying.

derek looking in between both girls.

aviva frowning her brows at paige. "why can't you trust him? trust me that i can take care of myself? anyone? trust someone, paige."