chapter seventeen, one of us

━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

a four year blonde little girl was seen asleep inside the backseat of a car, her tangled up in a comfy and cozy blanket, a peaceful smile on her face as she was asleep.

then, on the outside, a blonde seventeen year old woman was seen violently shoving a gun onto a guy's throat, his eyes glowing a golden color, lowly growling at the woman, who just stares icy cold at the werewolf.

a muffled sound was heard, the bullet not even escaping as it was on his throat, a flesh tearing noise being heard, blood seeping from his throat, him gagging, falling to the ground, blood splattering on the gun, her fingers coated with blood, her then quickly getting out of there, throwing her gun inside her car, then proceeding to drive.

the teenager made a fast getaway, her eyes glancing around, but then something was seen falling on the car, a pair of glowing eyes was seen right at her.

she then got out a gun, clicking it, shooting at the wolf, but the werewolf flipped over their self, landing by the tyres.

the little four year old flickering her eyes open, seeing her mother shooting at something. "mom."

"go back to sleep, just a little misunderstanding." the teenager assures.

then the sight of the werewolf jumping on the car was heard, roaring loudly, a dent was seen being made from the ceiling, the car was then seen being flipped on the other side.

"mom!!!"

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

as the morning has dawned onto the town, going closer into the warehouse, where kate argent and ophelia carrington was, the younger blonde has just finished listening to the woman's story, ophelia scoffs, thinking it was all made up. "..y-you're not serious, are you?" her rolling her eyes.

"serious, dead serious." kate says. "you–––are one of us, eiza-." kate was then cut off by the younger blonde, kate confusingly looking at her. "what?"

"ophelia, my name's ophelia, eiza just makes me feel like i'm not myself, i have an identity, it's ophelia carrington." ophelia calmly says.

"whatever..."

"how'd you know it was me?" ophelia confusingly asks.

"from the moment henrik told us your name, and from the moment he said you can see his tattoo, then, i knew–––because you are one of us, ei-ophelia." kate answers.

"i don't think this is for me, even how unbelievable true your story is." ophelia says.

"henrik says you wanted to know everything." kate says.

"and, like i said, this isn't for me." ophelia repeats.

ophelia then turned away from the woman, who's her supposedly mother, the younger blonde then quickly turned around, raising her hands up, latching her hands on the crossbow that was in front of her face.

kate smirking at the girl." that's what i call–––natural talent."

ophelia widened her eyes at the woman, her looking at the crossbow, nervously stammering out. "i-i don't even know how i did that." ophelia then accidentally dropped the crossbow, her quickly picking it up. "um, uh–––i, i'm sorry."

"no time for apologies, let's take a time on lost time and improvement." kate smirks, then walking pass her.

ophelia, who had the crossbow in her hands, stood behind kate, her confusingly looking at her. "what does that mean?"