chapter thirty six, crazy for you

━━━ ♡ ━━━

kate argent's car pulled up in front of the school, a screech being heard from the car, the window of the passenger and driver's seat was seen sliding down, kate's blue eyes flickering out the window, her eyes on aviva mccall, who had her leather black bag on her back, her hands clasped in front of, her rubbing her hands on her black sweater that she had on, kate smirking at the brunette latina.

henrik, noticing the look his aunt had in her eyes, gave her a look. "kate, don't."

"aviva!"

aviva twirls on the heels of her black and white converse, the laces slightly jumping, aviva's eyes connecting with kate, her uncomfortably looking at the woman, hesitantly deciding whether to go towards her.

"hey, could you just come here for a second?" kate smiles, which creeped her out.

aviva nervously smiling at her, reluctantly walking towards her.

"hey." kate smirks.

aviva awkwardly laughs. "hi."

"henrik..." aviva whispers, taking notice of him.

"aviva, hey, you don't have to be here if you don't want to, my aunt's just-." henrik empathetically says to the girl.

"this will just take a second, i promise." kate cuts him off, her keeping her eyes on the latina.

aviva uneasily smiles, noticing that kate was only looking at her. "u-um, why are you...staring at me?"

"your dark brown eyes are absolutely so adorable." kate smirks, her then looking at her nephew. "have you ever seen such adorable brown eyes?"

henrik noticed how uncomfortable aviva looked, him then giving his aunt a look as if saying STOP, but she ignored his look, turning back to aviva.

"you're right, she is absolutely glowing." kate smirks, her then hovering her hand over the fifteen year old's stomach. "a bug, a preferably growing one."

aviva stammers out nervously. "um, i-i gotta go t-to that, um, that thing, that thing that you go every- school!"

"bye!" aviva then says, quickly walking away.

                     ━━━ ♡ ━━━

"she certainly carries a huge secret, and did you see her hand? it was completely covered, and the big one is probably growing slowly." kate hints.

"you really need to stop looking so deep into things, okay? you, mom and dad scared her so much." henrik gave an annoyed look.

"if i was fifteen and had been in a situation like that, not knowing what to do with a new life, then i'd be scared too." kate hints.

"kate, you-." henrik was saying, but then realized what she was saying. "...are you serious?"

"and who's the only guy that she has been that close with?" kate questions, henrik then looking at camden, who had now caught up with aviva, kate continued talking. "the one that came back months ago."

kate then gestures over to camden, who was leaning against a railing, talking with aviva. "him..."

henrik's blue eyes looks at them, sticking like glue, his eyes looking at aviva, then looked at camden's hands, that were on her waist.

"henrik? henrik!" kate tried to get his attention.

henrik then looks at his aunt, him eerily smiling at her. "yes?"