chapter thirty one, talk with the devil

━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

the next day, in the evening time, kate argent was seen walking inside her room, a smirk displaying on her lips, her then throwing a bag on her bed.

kate then fumbling through the bag, doing a fast check, kate's dark blue eyes then slowly looked away from her bag, her scoffing an amused laugh, knowing that someone was in her room.

kate then slowly looks at the person in her room. "...yes, henrik?"

henrik was seen walking out of a corner, looking at his aunt, his brows then frowning. "what are you doing?"

"stalked by my nephew...?" kate smirks.

henrik sighs out, giving her a look. "i'm talking about derek, what are you even doing with derek?"

"learn from me, nephew dearest, it's HOW TO GET SOMEONE TO BE LIKE A FOOL FOR YOU." kate states.

henrik scoffs, rolling his eyes at her. "oh, really?"

"well, what i call you're doing is THE SICK AND TWISTED DESIRE, i like my title better." henrik smiles.

kate hums. "maybe, you should write a book.

henrik smiles, sarcastically commenting. "maybe––i should, shouldn't i?"

"henrik? would you just let me do what i have to do? i know what i'm doing." kate then sighs out.

henrik scoffs. "yeah, well, whatever it is, keep me out of it."

"just like how you're feeling yourself occupied with hunting rather than confessing your feelings for your latina friend?" kate smirks.

"it doesn't really matter, does it, I don't need anyone to keep myself happy." henrik irritably says, but his eyes were telling a different story.

"right..." kate shrugs with a smirk. "besides, you need someone with a little less baggage." kate hints.

henrik frowns, feeling offended. "aviva isn't that bad."

"her decisions are." kate states.

"what does that even mean?" henrik confusingly asks.

"wanna keep holding onto the hope that aviva might fall into your arms?" kate then says. "don't do that to yourself–––and try and move on, or even act like it."

"jealousy and envy always works." kate smirks, encouraging him.

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

aviva mccall was seen standing at the argent's doorstep, her holding up her fist, raising it in her air, getting ready to knock on the door, but before she could, the door was seen being opened, her almost stumbling forward, clearly not expecting that–––

a woman with red hair was seen smiling at the young latina, aviva's dark brown eyes staring at the woman, awkwardly smiling at her.

"um, hi." aviva awkwardly says.

victoria gave the girl a smile, which clearly made her uncomfortable, i mean, chris wasn't even that scary, but his wife–––

"you're aviva mccall, aren't you? the girl that has my boy unlike his self, isn't that right?" victoria seriously asks.

aviva confusingly looks at her. "...i suppose."

"aviva." chris then came towards the door, aviva sighing out at the sight of him.

"you could've called." chris says.

"um, no, it's okay, i was just dropping off something for him, we're sorta of lab partners and he left it with me, but, he isn't much of a partner since he barely talks to me." aviva rambles.