chapter fourteen, genius? me

━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

still inside the cave---that same night, the mccall had fallen asleep which made the older hale sigh in relief as he had his hand latched onto hers, secretly inflicting the pain she had, throwing it onto his self.

the wound on her arm was seen slowly disappearing, the wound closing in as a speedy recovery, aviva was seen quickly getting up, the hale moving away from her.

"is it---is it still night?" aviva softly asks.

"no, the sky just decided to stay dark." peter sarcastically says, aviva scoffing at him. "if i wanted sarcasm, i would've just did it myself."

"someone's snarky." peter smirks.

aviva then held onto her arm that was previously wounded, her then frowning as she wasn't feeling anything, her then looking down, seeing a couple of blood staining her arm, her eyes then slowly looking at peter. "...are you a drug dealer or something? what are you selling? is it dianabol-."

peter scoffs, clearly amused. "steroids, you mean?"

aviva rolls her eyes, sarcastically commenting. "no, candy." aviva scoffs. "yes, steroids!"

"do i look like the kind of guy that does drugs?" peter amusingly stares at her.

"what did you do to me while i was asleep? how did you make me heal so quickly? that isn't possible, not even in the-." aviva was saying.

peter had a look in his eyes, one of mischief, as if having an idea in his mind, him cutting the girl off. "do you believe in the supernatural, aviva?"

aviva frowns her brows at peter, him then leaning in, getting ready to show off his fangs, aviva stares at him with a confused look, but then she puts her hand over his face, laughing out, thinking he was joking.

peter confusingly looking at her, aviva smiling at him. "yeah." her sarcastically smiling. "i do."

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

mr. walters was seen standing in front of his desk as he looked at his names of students.

"ms. mccall." mr. walters then look and saw aviva slightly waving at him with a happy smile.

mr. walters rolled his eyes at the girl, clearly annoyed with her attitude, aviva frowning confusingly at him.

"ms. krasikeva." mr. walters then saw paige next to aviva, smiling at him, the man giving her a look of annoyance.

paige seemed to be confused by his attitude.

"mr. knight."

present.

"ms. young."

present.

"ms. carrington." mr. walters then saw ophelia with a leg crossed over the other, her looking down at her shoes.

mr. walters stares at her with a sigh, repeating in a stern tone. "ms. carrington!"

"you're gonna have to call me 'eiza'." ophelia says, her then glancing around, then scrunching up her face. "and whatever my last name is..."

mr. walters aggressively wrote on the paper, him then rolling his eyes. "i really have no time for you teenage drama, take it up with the school counselor."

aviva then slightly raised her hand, mr. walters sighing out irritably at her. "what!"

"um, you're our teacher, aren't we supposed to be venting out our problems for you and have hopes in you getting a solution?" aviva asks.

mr. walters squints his eyes at her. "pick up an instrument, would you?"

aviva sighs out, reluctantly picking up an instrument as everyone was doing the same.

paige then whispers over to her. "what's his problem?"

"problem hasn't been giving anything in a long time." aviva shrugs.

paige widening her eyes at her, paige then noticed the teacher behind her, her awkwardly coughing, aviva groaning out. "he's right behind me, isn't it?"

aviva turns around to look at him, her awkwardly smiling, then frowning, noticing the look on his face.

"you're fuming..." paige couldn't help but mumbles.

the teacher sternly looking at them both, both simultaneously mumbling sarcastically. "...great."

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

"why are you here?" ophelia looks over at aviva as she was standing by a door, near the fire alarm, right after school.

aviva scoffs sarcastically. "uh, i, think---i think i go here, don't i?"

"so---i hear you're adopted..." aviva tries to have a genuine conversation.

ophelia looks at the girl in shock. "how'd you know that?"

aviva scoffs. "it's not that hard to figure it out, ophelia, you were throwing out signs!"

"yeah, well---i don't exactly need your pity, mccall." ophelia sneers.

paige then was seen walking towards the two girls, her looking at aviva. "we have detention." her then sarcastically commenting. "thank you, very much."

aviva smiles mischievously, paige giving her a look, quickly shaking her head. "no, no, no, i don't like that look, aviva!"

aviva grins. "we don't have to have detention if there's a crisis exploding, now is there?"

"aviva, we are going to be in so much trouble." paige firmly says.

aviva shrugs. "we're already in so much trouble." aviva's fingers hovered over the alarm button.

"we still are going to be in so much trouble, though, our parents are going to find out, tomorrow, remember? remember what tomorrow is?" paige reminds.

aviva scoffs with a smile. "they won't do anything if they can't see us."

aviva then pressed onto the button, a loud fire alarm was heard ringing from the ceiling, echoing through the school.

"coming? or..." aviva looks over at the blonde, who seemed in a daze.

aviva then shrugs. "guess not."

"you're not serious." paige breathlessly looks at aviva.

"well, that alarm looks pretty serious." aviva smiles.

"if they can't see us..."

"how can you see this? only if you're one of us then you can see it..."

ophelia then looks at the latina. "you're a genius."

aviva confusingly looks at her. "i am?"

ophelia then quickly rushed out of the school.

"that was weird..." aviva trails off.

the two best friends was then seen making their way down the halls, out of the high school, mr. harris angrily running out of a classroom, knowing exactly what had happened, him fuming---

"aviva and paige."

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━