chapter forty one, pretty girl

━━━ ♡ ━━━

outside the school's compound area, kate argent was seen sitting in the driver's seat of the car, her eyes looking out the window, a blank expression on her face as she stared at derek's hand that was latched onto aviva's wrist, it seemed as though he was taking her somewhere.

kate scowls in her mind at the sight of them together, her hating the sight.

"i think---she's waiting for you." aviva says to derek.

"you sure?" derek questions.

aviva blankly looks at him, her tone filled with confusion. "...sure, about what?"

derek sighs out, him going to say something, but then heard kate calling him.

"just wait here, okay?" derek says.

aviva huffs at him, her scoffing at him. "i'm not staying here because you asked me to, but, because i want to."

derek lightly scoffs, looking at her as he walked away.

"why are you talking to her?" kate bitterly asks.

derek frowns. "because...she's my friend."

"whatever." kate rolls her eyes, her then smiling seductively. "wanna go somewhere?"

"sorry, um, i was planning on hanging out with aviva." derek gave an apologetic smile.

kate then looks over at aviva, her seeing aviva playing with her flannel shirt, her fidgeting around, her eyes looking around, feeling like she was out of place, which was strange for the latina.

kate then looks over at derek. "do you like her or something? i mean, she's pretty."

derek sighs out, him then looking over at aviva, staring at her, aviva catching his stare, awkwardly smiles at him.

"derek." kate says, snapping him out of his trance.

"c-can we just-." derek was saying as he looked back at kate.

"i'm gonna go home, you can stay here with---." aviva trails off, her then seeing the person face to face, who derek has been involved with, her feeling like she was chocking on air, blinking rapidly. "h-her." aviva's eyes widened in surprise. "oh my god, this is the one yo-you've been wit-."

derek had soon cut off aviva, not letting her finish what she had to say, him sighing out with a shake of the head. "aviva, it'll just take a second-."

"no, it's okay." aviva uneasily smiles, her then quickly walking away from the scene.

aviva then standing a good distance away from them, her eyes widening in shock, whispering quietly. "kate argent?...i thought wolves and hunters are mortal enemies...?"

                     ━━━ ♡ ━━━

in the evening time, kate argent was with her father in his study, talking about a secret plan that kate has devised, but it was slightly irritating the older argent that his daughter was taking her precious time to carry out the plan.

gerard sighs out, him sitting behind his desk, a serious look in his eyes. "okay---what is the problem, now? it's been two weeks, why are you sticking?"

"i will do it, okay? but, things takes time, all right?" kate sighs out in frustration.

"is this about aviva mccall?" gerard questions.

"look, if she's such a problem, then get rid of her, what have i been telling you and christopher since you were young? wanna get rid of a problem? get someone to do it for you." gerard states. "and, i believe henrik has done his part without us having to tell him to do it, he has his own agenda."