chapter forty five, the man with vision

━━━ ♡ ━━━

at the high school, later on in the day, derek hale was walking through the halls, him then making his way out the school's entrance, him standing near the steps when he noticed aviva mccall sitting on the top stair, her back resting against the edge of the wall.

"...aviva? are you still mad?"

aviva looked down at her jeans, not saying anything, the teen hale sighing out at her, him with a frustrated expression on his face. "aviva? come on, look at me, look at me, would you just look at me for half a sec?"

aviva looked down for a while, her then looking up at him, making him sigh out.

"i really am sorry." derek apologized.

"there's nothing you should be sorry for, why are you even apologizing...?" aviva frowns her brows at him.

"u-um, you seemed like you were avoiding me and you're my friend and i hate that you're avoiding me." derek seemed sad.

aviva then got up, looking at him with a smile. "i am not avoiding you because you're a stubborn, smartass, irritating, idiot."

derek offensively stares at her. "excuse me!"

"no, not yet." aviva says with a sigh, derek scoffing out, giving her a look.

"it's because you did something that isn't right and it really puts me in a stage of conflict." aviva says.

"you like me, don't you?" derek asks.

aviva scoffs. "no, derek, i don't like you."

derek frowns his brows at her in confusion and a bit of hurt. "...you don't?"

"and, right now, i have somewhere to be." aviva smiles at him.

derek frowns deeply at her, as he watched her walking away.

                    ━━ ♡ ━━━

the sound of music was heard coming from inside the hale house, a stereo was on a table playing cheerful and upbeat music, a ten year old cora hale was dancing to the beat of the music, whilst giggling loudly.

the ten year old little hale grabbed onto her uncle's wrist, pulling him with her. "come on, uncle peter, dance with me!"

"do i look like the dancing type?" peter lightly chuckles.

"come on! dance with me! dance with me." cora says over the volume of the music.

the ten year old girl's ears then perked up, hearing the sound of a light striking, her then turning her head to the life. "what is that sound?"

the sound of fire entered in her ears. "is something on fire...?"

"wait, stay here, i'll check it out." peter whispers.

"i'm coming too." cora demands.

"no, just stay here and conti-continue doing your little dance, okay?" peter quickly says, him leaving her alone.

cora huffs, then she shrugs, getting back to do what she was doing.

                    ━━━ ♡ ━━━

gerard argent was in the distillery with deucalion, him having the younger man on the ground, two special kinds of arrows in the argent's palms as he was on top of him.

deucalion eyes widened, realizing what he was going to do. "no, no! don't do this! don't do this!" deucalion shouts. "i have a vision...a vision of peace!"