chapter sixteen, the bite is a gift

━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

aviva mccall was seen skipping down the stairs of the mccall's house, her twirling the keys in her fingers, her then jumping on the ground, her then seeing her mother right in front of her, in her dark blue scrubs.

"oop–––." aviva comments, awkwardly smiling at her mother.

"and where do you think you're going?" melissa questions.

"uh...to a learning institution that most people labels as a school...?" aviva says with a smile.

melissa sarcastically smiles. "okay smartass." melissa then took her keys. "i'm taking those."

"mom!" aviva complains.

"not until you learn some basic rules, i r-really don't know what's going on with you, but, no car until then." melissa sternly says.

"you shouldn't even have a car." melissa mumbles. "and i don't know what your father- you know, what? just go to school."

aviva pouts at her mother, melissa giving her a look. "and put that pout away." aviva just showed her the same expression.

"and you know i'm right, now, get your butt to school." melissa grins at her, aviva sighing out.

"you're ruining my life." aviva groans out.

"no, i'm parenting, and i'm feeling a little tired and it's time for my shift, enough of all this strick mother thing, run along." melissa gestures her hand, as if fanning her away.

aviva then walked away, melissa calling her back. "remember, be back before ten."

"love you."

aviva looks at her, then did a cute little fake angry expression. "love you too!"

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

inside the boys' locker room, derek hale was seen sitting on her bench, him lacing up his shoes, his uncle peter right in the back of him, him having his feet up on the bench, leaning his back on the edge of a locker.

"i have a perfect idea!" peter excitedly says.

derek grumbles irritably. "go away."

peter rolls his eyes, ignoring his attitude, just proceeding to throw out his idea. "laura told you about the alphas being here, right?" peter questions, derek rolling his eyes, but peter continued. "there are more alphas than i've ever seen!"

"please go, i have better things to do than listen to your crazy ideas." derek forced a smile on his face, looking at his uncle.

"derek, come on–––." peter tried to persuade.

"leaving!" derek informs, hopping off of the bench.

derek was seen leaving the locker room, peter quickly walking after him.

"derek, would you just-." peter calls out.

"no!" derek shouts loudly, gathering attention.

the hale teen then sighing out, looking at his uncle. "no, okay?"

peter smirks. "aren't you one to attract attention?"

derek rolls his blue eyes. "w-would you stop?" derek then walks away quickly.

                     ━━━⁠ ♡ ━━━

"be back before ten?" paige confusingly looks at aviva. "doesn't sound much like a punishment."