Chapter Forty-One: Unexpected Trio's

Osa ran down the street, but even now he was exhausted. After being asleep for as long as he had, he couldn't help but be completely terrified of what Raven could be going through. He felt she could run out of oxygen in just a few days, and he was nowhere near home, or even close to them. He felt defeated.

Though as he was running, he could hear something behind him. A vehicle. In panic, the Irinaut stumbled; running towards the side of a burned down vehicle and sitting down behind it. Osa shut his eyes as his head throbbed. He was too tired to outrun a vehicle, and felt his safest chance was hiding.

As the vehicle got closer, Osa could hear its wheels slowing. The alien held his breath, his glow dimmed as he tried to make out who was in the vehicle.

"H-Hey!" A woman called out. It was Sage, "Hey! We want to help you!" She stepped out of the truck, holding up her hands, "I don't have anything on me, see?"

"Sage!" Jacques, was still apprehensive of the Irinaut, "Get back in the truck!" He looked towards the burned down vehicle. All he could see was a set of glowing gold eyes, "She's right though. We can get you back a hell of a lot faster than walking."

Osa stared at the two of them, doing his best to gather a reading, but that rifle had really did a number, and with as much as he had pushed himself, he was truthfully to tired to fight. The Irinaut stood up, taking a deep breath as he reached his hand out, "Give me the Reverberation Rifle."

"What? But we-"

"Do you want to help me, or not?" Osa breathed heavily. The male glanced at the gun in the truck.

"How is that going to help?" Jacques threw his hands up before rubbing his face.

"It does not belong to you, it belongs to my people, and I know how to use it. I do not know how to use your motor vehicle." Osa grunted as he walked over to them. He didn't try to intimidate them, but he held his head high; now seeming much more composed then he was prior.

Sage held up her hands, "A-Alright." The woman leaned in through the car window before pulling the rifle out. He wasn't wrong. The woman really didn't know how to use it, neither did Jacques, and they were this deep in now. Sage looked up towards Osa, "Just, don't shoot me and I won't shoot you, alright?"

Osa reached down, not hesitating to remove the gun from Sage's hands. He lifted it up and observed it, "Lovely. Now we're just missing two." He hummed before looking around the area. The sun was just starting to finally come out, "Shoot you? I think we're past that." The Irinaut climbed into the truck bed and sat down, his eyes scanned it for a moment, "Can we get moving? You all have put me behind enough already." He grunted, "I have to stop for those tanks on the way. Any tanks I do not care where."

Sage took a deep breath before climbing into the passenger seat of the truck. She looked towards Jacques, who just seemed to stare forward at the road, "What?" He gave her a glare, "Jacques I had to give it back. We have our guns. He needs his."

Jacques nodded, "That doesn't mean I'm not nervous about all this." He sighed before leaning his head out the window. He and Osa just stared at one another before Jacques just casually asked a question, "Where are we taking you, big guy?"

Osa hissed through his teeth softly a rumble bellowed in his chest for a moment as he thought. The Irinaut rolled his shoulders; grunting as one of them popped, "Straight, until we get back to the carts with the tanks or this thing runs out of fuel." The male hummed softly as he laid back against the windows; his feet braced against the tailgate as Jacques began to drive.

The Irinaut looked over the rifle. It had been some time since he had laid his eyes on one of these. He sighed heavily before setting it down in his lap and resting his head back against the cab of the truck. His love was on his mind, and their baby. Even at these speeds, he was still set back by four days to his knowledge, and he didn't know how far they had gone from where had been. He felt he was cutting it close, and all he could do was fear the worst for Raven if they didn't get there in time. Unknowingly to him, things had already taken quite the turn at home.