Making Amends

As the Blazing Lions won the matches againsts America, The Philippines, Canada, and Qatar. Everybody was training hard for the match againsts The Netherlands.

As they were training, a man in a suit walked into the training camp with a sign. The sign had 'Winter, I'm Sorry. - Dad' written on it. As Uno was gearing up for Frozen Arrow, noticed it and ran towards the mans direction, before stopping half way.

"Dad." "Son." The two said to one another, the entire team stopped for a moment, including Denise.

"Son, I'm sorry for how I have treated you growing up. I was caught up with my job along with your mother. I kept trying to make her see sense, but instead, she decided to not care anymore." Uno's father said. Uno just stared at him. "Dad, saying sorry for the neglect you've given me won't help. But, if you can only give the support I've always needed, will help." Uno said as he extended his hand. "What do you say? Deal?" He said before his Father hugged Uno tightly.

Uno's father pulled back from the hug, his eyes glistening with emotion. "Deal," he said firmly, shaking Uno's extended hand. "I promise to be the father you need from now on."

Uno smiled, feeling a weight lift from his shoulders. "Thanks, Dad. It means a lot."

The Blazing Lions' coach clapped his hands, breaking the moment. "Alright, team! Let's get back to training. We have a big match against The Netherlands coming up!"

As the team resumed their practice, Uno's father watched from the sidelines, his presence a comforting reminder that Uno now had the support he had always wanted. The team trained hard, each member giving their best. Denise, always quick and agile, paired up with Uno for some drills.

"You're doing great, Uno," she said, panting slightly. "That was a big moment back there."

Uno nodded, his eyes flicking to his father. "Yeah, it was. Thanks for being here with me."

After a grueling session, the coach called for a break. The team gathered, drinking water and catching their breath. Uno seized the opportunity to introduce his father to his friends.

"Everyone, this is my dad," Uno announced, his voice carrying across the field. "Dad, these are my friends and teammates. Denise, Olivia, Lance, Matt, Avva, Jada, Angelo, Maury, Zoey, Kate, Lorenzo, Sherwin, Calvin, Jea, Acel, Matthew, Tristan, Vincent, and Yani."

As the team members approached, there was an awkward tension. They shook hands with Uno's father, but their smiles were tight, their greetings curt.

"Nice to meet you, sir," Denise said, offering a warm smile. "You've got a great son."

"Thank you, Denise," he replied, noticing the chill in the air.

Olivia stepped forward next. "Hey, Mr. Winter! We've heard a lot about you. It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise, Olivia. Thank you for being such good friends to my son."

Lance, usually so jovial, merely nodded. "Yeah, nice to meet you."

Uno's father sensed the underlying tension. "I can see some of you might have reservations about me being here," he began. "I haven't been the best father to Uno. I've made a lot of mistakes, and I've neglected him. I know it's going to take time to earn your trust, just like it will take time to earn his. But I am committed to being here now and making things right."

There was a moment of silence before Avva spoke up, her voice soft but firm. "We just want what's best for Uno. He's like family to us."

Uno's father nodded. "And I respect that. I promise I'm here to support him in every way I can."