Offering Therapy

Once everything had calmed for a few weeks, Coach Alfreds heard about Uno's past and began walking towards the blue haired teen.

"Uno, are you alright?" The coach said, Uno looked at him. "Yeah, why are you asking?" He said as Coach Alfreds began speaking. "Well, your girlfriend told me about everything. Just know that I'm here for you, so as everybody. If you need to talk to a friend, come to me or your loved ones." He said as he patted Uno the shoulder and walked off.

Uno stood by his locker, thinking about what Coach said. "Hey, Denise. Is it alright if you can tag along with me to a therapy session with Coach Alfreds?" He asked his girfriend. "Sure, I don't mind." "Excellent. I'll go make arrangements fir next week."

Uno felt a mix of apprehension and hope as he approached the school counselor's office with Denise by his side. The hallways were unusually quiet, making the soft echoes of their footsteps the only sound breaking the silence. Denise squeezed his hand reassuringly, and he offered her a small, grateful smile.

"Thanks for being here, Denise," Uno said quietly. "I don't think I could do this alone."

Denise smiled back, her blue eyes full of warmth and encouragement. "You're not alone, Uno. We're all here for you."

They reached the counselor's door and found Coach Alfreds already waiting outside. He greeted them with a nod and a kind smile.

"Uno, Denise, thank you for coming," Coach Alfreds said. "Dr. Martin is expecting us."

He opened the door and gestured for them to enter. Inside, the room was cozy and inviting, with soft lighting and comfortable chairs arranged in a circle. Dr. Martin, a middle-aged woman with gentle eyes and a calm demeanor, stood up to greet them.

"Hello, Uno. Denise. I'm Dr. Martin. Please, have a seat," she said, motioning to the chairs.

Uno and Denise sat down, still holding hands. Coach Alfreds took a seat next to them, his presence reassuring.

"Uno," Dr. Martin began, "I want to thank you for coming today. It takes a lot of courage to seek help, and it's an important step towards healing. Can you tell me a little about what's been going on?"

Uno took a deep breath, glancing at Denise before he started speaking. "It's been tough. I feel like everything's falling apart. My parents... they were never really there for me, and I guess I tried to fill that void with football. But now, even football isn't working out. I feel like I'm failing at everything, and it's just... too much."

Dr. Martin nodded, her expression empathetic. "It sounds like you've been carrying a heavy burden for a long time. It's no wonder you're feeling overwhelmed. Can you tell me more about your parents and your relationship with them?"

Uno sighed, running a hand through his blue hair. "They were always busy with their own lives. I was mostly left on my own. I thought if I could just be great at football, they'd notice me, be proud of me. But even that hasn't worked out."

Denise squeezed his hand again, her presence a steady comfort. "Uno, you're not failing. You're going through a lot, and it's okay to feel this way."

Coach Alfreds leaned forward, his expression serious but supportive. "Uno, you're an incredible person and a talented player. But more than that, you're valued for who you are, not just what you can do on the field. We're here to support you, no matter what."

Dr. Martin nodded in agreement. "It's important to remember that your worth isn't defined by your achievements. It's about who you are as a person. We can work through these feelings together. Have you considered talking to your parents about how you feel?"