Near Scare, Breakfast and Runs

A few weeks later, Hypower was practicing hard for their upcoming match against Brighton Academy. The weather was perfect, and the energy on the field was electric. Hypower was determined to give their best performance.

Uno, as usual, was at the center of the action, directing plays and motivating his teammates. He was wearing his inexpensive blue watch with clock hands, the one he had bought for practice, while keeping his cherished blue Timex NASA watch safe at the hotel.

During a particularly intense drill, Tristan attempted a powerful hissatsu shot. The ball went astray, hurtling toward Uno at high speed. Despite his reflexes, the ball hit his right wrist where his watch was strapped.

Uno winced but quickly shook it off, checking the watch. To his relief, it was still intact, though it had taken quite a hit.

Denise, who had been practicing nearby, ran up to him, concern etched on her face. "Uno! Are you okay?"

Uno smiled reassuringly. "I'm fine, Denise. The watch took the hit, but it's still working. It's tougher than it looks."

Lance jogged over, having seen the incident. "Whoa, that was some hit. Good to see the watch held up."

Matt, catching his breath, added, "Yeah, you sure you're alright, Uno?"

Angelo came up, looking at the watch. "That thing is a beast! Where'd you get it?"

Uno chuckled. "Just a little shop we found. It's not expensive, but it's durable."

Maury and Lorenzo joined the group, with Maury saying, "Seems like a good investment. Glad it protected your wrist."

Vincent, who had been observing from a distance, called out, "Uno, maybe we should take a short break. That was quite a shot."

Yani, with a grin, teased, "You sure you don't have a superpower hidden in that watch?"

Dara, always practical, nodded. "A break sounds good. Let's regroup and make sure everyone's alright."

Matthew, ever the strategist, said, "Tristan's hissatsu shots are no joke. We need to stay on our toes."

Tristan, looking apologetic, approached. "Sorry about that, Uno. Didn't mean for it to go wild."

Uno clapped him on the shoulder. "No worries, Tristan. These things happen."

Acel, shaking his head, smiled. "Lucky for you, the watch survived. It might be your lucky charm."

Jada, with her usual cheerfulness, chimed in, "Or maybe it's just really well-made. Either way, glad you're okay."

Avva and Zoey arrived, with Avva commenting, "We should get back to practice. The game against Brighton won't win itself."

Zoey nodded in agreement. "True. Let's get back out there and show them what we've got."

Kate and Jea brought over some water bottles, with Kate saying, "Stay hydrated, everyone. We need to keep our energy up."

Jea added, "And let's keep the ball on target this time, alright?"

Uno raised his water bottle in a mock toast. "To durable watches and a great team. Let's get back to it."

The team laughed and returned to practice with renewed energy. The camaraderie and support were palpable, each player pushing themselves to their limits, knowing they had each other's backs.

As the day drew to a close, they headed back to their Brighton hotel, tired but satisfied with their efforts. In their room, Uno and Denise settled down, reflecting on the day's events.