26 - Pay in cash

Phoenix Ablaze's building did not look too big from the outside, but it was only when Manager Kang brought them around did Jungkook realize that he really could not judge the book by its cover.

The VIP area was divided into three floors, each with their own entertainment section. Manager Kang only introduced them concisely without bringing them in as it would be a violation of rules from his part. It seemed like the management in this place was very stringent, and they treated their VIPs very seriously too.

All the while, Jungkook strived to maintain a curious and slightly excited smile on his face, even though his head had started to hurt again.

Remembering so many things in such a short time was a torture for Jungkook. And after going a few rounds in this place, he almost could not differentiate south and north anymore. He could only pray that Jimin would not be as muddleheaded as him.

In the end, he simply gave up trying to remember the layout of this place and focused on the sections. As Jimin had told him earlier, there was a lobby where people used to lounge around or seek a partner, then hotel rooms where people could enjoy themselves privately. Lastly, if you preferred to mingle with a big crowd, then you could join the mixed room. That was where the wildest and most enthusiastic people had gathered.

"That's about all," Manager Kang halted on the base of the staircase to the second floor. "Please do not worry about the security in this place. We strive to offer you a private place to be as unrestrained as you want."

"Good," Jungkook nodded with a brighter smile. Finally, the tour was over and they could begin to search for Dong-Wook! Then recalling something, Jungkook asked, "What about the special attraction you're talking about? When will it be held?"

"About that..." A tiny smile spread across Manager Kang's face. "At 11 o'clock, a staff member will come to lead you to a place. The attraction will begin right at midnight, so don't miss it."

Jungkook raised a brow. So secretive that they would not even divulge the location until the time arrived? What kind of special attraction would it be?

"Okay," Jungkook did not insist on pressing the matter anymore. "We will go on our own, then. Thank you for the tour, Manager Kang."

A look of surprise flashed through the manager's eyes, presumably not expecting that Jungkook would even bother to thank him. 

Oops, Jungkook thought, did he not suppose to relay his gratitude? Had an Alpha's image degenerated so much in society's eyes nowadays?! 

Manager Kang swiftly masked his shock and put on a trademark polite smile. "Then I won't bother you anymore, Sir."

It was not until Manager Kang turned into a corner and disappeared did Jungkook finally take a deep breath. It was already close to his bedtime now and he could not help but feel a little fatigued. Yet in front of Jimin, he was unwilling to show even a sliver of weakness. Turning to him with a smile, he whispered in a low voice, "Where do we start?"

Jimin did not answer directly. Instead, he stared at Jungkook's face for one long moment before turning away. "The lobby, most people have gathered there. If we still have no luck, then we can only go to... the mixed room."

Jungkook had a pained expression on his face when he imagined what kind of scene he was going to find in that area. He heaved a sigh and offered his arm toward Jimin in a gentlemanly manner. "Shall we?" He could not help but relay his opinion. "However, if I were Dong-Wook's boss, I would not let him into the mixed room."

Jimin's expression turned indescribable for a split second, "...Why do you think so?" He slid his arm into Jungkook's and they started to walk toward the lobby.