37 - We will wait

"How about a date Jungkook-shi?"

"Ehem!" Jackson cleared his throat loudly to announce that there was still a big living person inside the car. He was not a ghost whose presence could be ignored!

However, Miss Meilin, this audacious secretary, knew that Jackson was nothing but a paper tiger who only looked scary on the outside but actually a huge softie inside. She pretended as if she heard nothing and urged the answer from Jungkook, "What do you say, Mr. Jeon? Movie theater, aquarium or museum? I am very good at everything."

"Akh-ehem!" Jackson coughed harder, almost hacking his lungs out.

Beside him, Yoongi cast him a disdainful glance and pressed open the car window to let the fresh air in.

Unable to ignore the eyesore anymore, Meilin turned to the passenger seat and rolled her eyes in an exaggerated circle toward Jackson. "Doctor Wang, do you need me to stop by the pharmacy to buy a cough drop for you?" The sarcasm in her tone could not be more obvious.

"No, there's no need." Jackson answered humbly. "It's just that the air smelled very bad for a second there. I almost thought that someone had farted." Then he suddenly turned to Yoongi with a fake angry look on his face. "Damn it, it's you, right?! Did you just fart? No wonder you suddenly opened the window!"

Meilin: "..."

Yoongi: "...Fart your ass."

Veins throbbed on Jackson's forehead as he bared his teeth at Yoongi. "Say it again?"

Jungkook could not resist laughing at their bickering.

This was not the first time Meilin had asked him out on a date. At first, Jungkook was feeling bad and had no idea how to refuse her so that it would not affect her work relationship with Jackson. But gradually, he came to realize that Meilin did not show regret or hurt whatsoever at his rejection. She was just teasing him! Since then, Jungkook did not take her proposal to heart anymore.

This time, too, he could just brush Meilin off like he usually did. Yet for some reason, Jungkook's tongue was itchy and he could not help but inform her in delight, "I'm very sorry, Miss Meilin. In case you haven't known yet, I am currently pursuing an Omega so I can't take you on a date."

"You're what?!" Meilin and Jackson cried out in unison, shocked.

"Oh my!" Meilin gasped loudly and covered her mouth, her eyes glimmering with interest. "Which lucky Omega have caught Mr. Jeon's heart?"

At the same time, Jackson also cursed, "Which motherfucker hole does that Omega crawl out from?!" Then recalling something, he threw a razor-sharp glare at Jungkook. "Is it that Omega? That police officer who is stuck to you like glue?!"

Meilin became more excited when she heard that. "So it's a police officer?! Cool!"

"You shut your damn mouth for me!" Jackson snapped harshly at her.

Jungkook's brows furrowed and he chided by reflex. "Jack, language."

Jackson clicked his jaws shut, but he still glowered at Jungkook, clearly awaiting for an answer. Jungkook only felt helpless in his heart. He did not expect that Jackson would react so strongly. Why did he dislike Jimin so much in the first place? Unfortunately, Jungkook had set his heart on Jimin and no one would be able to tell him otherwise. So he met Jackson's glare through the windshield mirror and admitted honestly, "Indeed, it is him."

Before Jackson could open his mouth and say anything bad about Jimin, Jungkook added with all sincerity he could muster. "I have no idea why you despise him so much, Jack, but I like him. I really, really like him. I have decided to mate with him in the future and I hope that... you will be able to give us your blessing. After all, you're my bestest friend..."