50 - So Familiar

Jackson's huge black Jeep flew through the desolate street like a streak of lightning, pressing Jungkook's entire body to the seat. Heart leaping to his throat, he turned around to check the situation and true to Jackson's words, there was a Land Rover that maneuvered its way through the sparse amount of cars and firmly stuck to their tail. As the car got closer and closer, Jungkook seemed to catch a glimpse of the person sitting behind the wheels.

Black attire, black mask and a black cap with its brim pulled low...

T-This was the default appearance of a serial killer, wasn't it?!

"Jackson, who have you offended this time?!" Jungkook raised his voice to rival the ear-piercing screech of tires.

Of course, the first hypothesis that popped up in his mind was that someone had hired a hitman to teach Jackson a lesson out of resentment. On the other hand, he, this honest and law-abiding citizen, had done nothing bad to warrant this stimulating chase in the middle of the night!

Jackson spat out a foul curse under his breath. "Why don't you fucking check your eyes to the ophthalmologist?!" As he shot back an argument, his sharp eyes were scanning the road in front of him.

Further ahead was a fork road sign. To the left, they would enter the highway to another city whereas the right sign showed a path leading straight to the mountainous range-

Jackson decisively slammed the wheel to the right!

His hand shot out to switch the gear stick, causing the car engine to roar like an awakened beast. As it turned out, the other party was even more psychotic and nuts as they seized this forty degree turn to perform a dangerous maneuver and close the distance between them!

The back tires of the Land Rover skidded wildly against the asphalt, creating dazzling sparks of flame in the darkness. In a blink of an eye, the two cars lined up side by side. It was apparent that the Land Rover had been modified before otherwise it would have never won against Jackson's grand Cherokee in terms of explosive power.

Jungkook's pupils shook and his grip on the handle bar tightened as he saw the Land Rover rapidly inching in on them. "Jack Jack Jackkk-!"

Bang!

The Land Rover crashed onto the Jeep and forced it to the side of the highway guardrail, pressuring so hard that crimson fireworks seemed to burst from the point between two metal's contact.

Jackson gritted his teeth and hardened his grip on the wheel to stabilize the car. In that critical moment, he still had the time to press down the window and give their attacker a middle finger, bellowing. "Fuck your mother! Pray that your car won't crash or else I'm going to catch you and skin you alive!!"

Because the Land Rover was tightly pressed against Jungkook's side, Jackson's loud voice seemed to pierce through his eardrums and sent his mind ringing. In response to this provocation, the Land Rover swiveled slightly to the side before it once again slammed into their Jeep!

"Fuck...!!" Jackson did not have the leisure to be distracted again. He gripped the steering wheel with both hands and stepped fully on the accelerator, splitting the thick fog of the mountainous road at an extremely high speed.

The further they went, the number of turns in front of them increased. Once in a while, when they encountered load-bearing trucks, Jackson would squeeze forward, trying to create some distance amidst the rising sounds of horns. Yet every single time, the attacker would always keep up with them, showing off their exemplary driving skills, as though he was a racer who did not fear death.

After a few minutes that seemed like a century, the Land Rover and the Jeep were still hot on each other's trail, making little crashes here and there and leaving the couple of trucks far behind.