33 - Blind beast

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. It's about Miss Zhao? Had Yoongi discovered something new or... had he gotten himself into trouble?!

[Please wait for a while, Min. I am coming right now!] Jungkook gave a hurried reply.

After that, he did not waste any more time. Grabbing a new change of clothes, Jungkook took a short shower, left a message for Jimin then drove toward Yoongi's apartment. Fortunately, Jimin's car had been washed and sent back yesterday so Jungkook could use his own car like usual again.

Less than half an hour later, he stood in front of Yoongi's door and rang the doorbell. A strong sense of deja vu struck him.

Two days ago, he had also stood right here, ringing the doorbell to Yoongi's apartment only to receive nothing but silence.

He subconsciously glanced down at the crack of the door and found none of the familiar sticky note. Of course, this time, Yoongi was home and... Jimin was not here with him either.

The door swung open to show a surprised Yoongi. "Why didn't you enter the passcode? Have you forgotten it?"

Jungkook gave an awkward laugh. He had no idea how to explain this strange sense of reluctance to intrude on what was supposed to be Yoongi and his girlfriend's future house. As such, he merely went with Yoongi's reason. "En, what's the last digit for it again? I forgot..."

Yoongi stared at his face for one long moment as if he had realized something. The expression on the Beta's face hardly changed, yet for some reason Jungkook still felt like Yoongi could see through him easily, making him increasingly nervous.

But then, just as Jungkook was going to cave under the pressure and blurted out everything honestly, Yoongi stepped aside and opened the door wider for him. "Come in."

Jungkook discreetly heaved a sigh of relief and murmured under his breath as he stepped past the doorway, "Pardon my intrusion..."

After changing into slippers, he made his way to the living room while observing Yoongi closely.

People might not be able to spot anything weird on him, especially when he was on full poker face like now, but Jungkook still felt as if Yoongi's complexion did not look quite right.

He could not help but ask worriedly, "Min, are you okay? Did you get enough sleep last night? You didn't get yourself into another trouble, did you?"

"What trouble are you talking about?" Yoongi came out of the kitchen with a glass of warm water and handed it over to Jungkook who already took a seat on the couch. "If you count the times Jack has called me in the middle of the night because he couldn't get through to your phone, then my sleep can be considered very good."

Jungkook almost spurted out the water in his mouth. He covered his mouth and hurriedly swallowed, then coughed a few more times. "Yesterday, I–"

"You are really staying at Officer Park's house?" Yoongi directly got to the point.

Jungkook's neck warmed up in embarrassment as memories of last night flashed behind his eyelids with utter clarity.

He had seen the missed calls and unread messages from Jackson, however he was still not ready to face the other — or to be exact, to quarrel with Jackson regarding his relationship with Jimin yet. As such, he pretended he saw nothing and went about his life. He was feeling a tad guilty now. Because of him, Yoongi had to face Jackson's relentless nagging and complaints when he was supposed to feel down from his girlfriend's accident...

"...I am," he gave a grimace as he palmed his forehead. "Sorry, Min. I will give him a call... later."

Yoongi gave a nonchalant shrug. He had always been like this. Caring only for the important matters and being indifferent to the rest. Jungkook heaved another sigh of relief. At least, Yoongi would not say that Jimin was no good. Jungkook really had no idea what he would do if that were to happen.