59 - A monster like me

Fortunately, the entire medical team was already on standby. As soon as Jungkook gave his approval, they immediately did a full body check-up on the two patients. When the storm subsided at long last, dawn had already broken through the horizon and streaks of brilliant golden and blue painted across the sky.

Miraculously, Jimin's condition was not too bad despite his ghastly appearance. Aside from his inflamed gland and the bruises around his neck, he did not sustain any other injuries. His weakness could entirely be attributed to the fact that he had been exposed to Jungkook's savage pheromones and released too much of his own. But this could easily be treated with medicine, nutritious IV drips and a lot of rest.

It was really such a relief that no real damage was done to his gland. Under normal circumstances, omegas would have been torn apart by the intensity of Jungkook's murderous aura. But not only could Jimin come out intact under the siege, he also managed to bring Jungkook back to his senses... it was simply a miracle!

Alas, with the lack of samples, they could only associate it to the fact that the two of them were true mates. There must be a reason why true mates were so rare that they could only be found once or twice in a century. Up until now, the technology in the medical field was not advanced enough to solve this profound mystery.

Jungkook, on the other hand, was in a very bad shape.

Not to mention the AX-03 in his system, he had also overexerted his gland when he released all those oppressive pheromones. However, Jungkook's case was a little different from others as he had once suffered from traumatic brain injury. The fact that he had been drugged, coupled with his aggressive release of pheromones, had caused his brain to show mild signs of swelling, especially the spot where he had been injured before.

Jackson studied the CT scan results with an ugly look on his face. Forget about the drug, now that Jungkook had come to his senses, they had to take care of his brain first. The longer this went on, he was afraid that Jungkook would not only mess up his current memory, but another complication such as vision loss, seizures and difficulty speaking would occur as well.

As such, Jungkook was immediately pushed into the ICU for further observation. Patients like him needed a lot of rest, it was even better if he could sleep for three days straight and let his body heal on its own.

But here comes the real problem.

Jungkook could not fall asleep. Or to be exact, he was unwilling to close his eyes.

Each time, he would always be woken up by nightmares after a few short minutes of rest. Looking at his increasing blood pressure level, Jackson's forehead throbbed in pain. In the end, the group of doctors convened a meeting and came to an unilateral decision to place Jungkook close to his mate, at least where he could easily see him at a glance. As a result, Jimin, this perfectly healthy patient, was pushed into the ICU as well.

They hoped that the presence of his true mate would be able to calm Jungkook's paranoia.

That's why as soon as Jimin woke up and turned his head, what he saw was Jungkook who was staring blankly at him with a respirator on his face. Their beds were almost placed side by side with only the space of half a person in between. Thus, Jimin was directly met with Jungkook's unfathomable doe eyes, causing any drowsiness to dissipate from his system in a flash.

"Jungkook...?" Jimin called out in a daze, his heart racing like a drum. The memory of the previous event crashed back to him and he was deeply afraid that everything he was seeing right now was nothing more than a pipe dream. However, the pain that shot through his neck once he tried to raise his head, brought him back to his senses.