34 - Hearsay...

Namjoon's face sank and before anyone could react, he strode forward to grab the box from Hoseok's hands, unbuckled the lock and turned it upside down so the documents inside were strewn all over the long table.

Unfolded in front of everyone's eyes were pieces of Li Ming's photographs and the irrefutable contract of his transaction with the illegal auction and child trafficking channels. It was so comprehensive that they could directly submit the evidence to the higher-ups and demand an arrest warrant right there and then.

-They were utterly unaware that... two photos were missing from the original stack. It was the one featuring Li Ming and the male foreigner, as well as the picture of the aforementioned foreigner with Jungkook.

Everyone was dumbfounded. Let's not mention the fact that the big guy they were searching for turned out to be Li Ming, the CEO and founder of LM Group, or how atrocious the deeds he had done. What were the odds that someone would conveniently send this evidence right when they needed it the most?

Namjoon pressed his lips thin and his expression was frighteningly somber. He never believed in coincidences. Ever. Then the only possibility was... someone had been monitoring the progress of their case closely, enough to send them timely assistance whenever they needed it...

He immediately gave out an order, "Who has delivered this package here? They must not have gone far. Find that person for me even if you have to dig three feet underground!"

The group of dazed officers scrambled away in a hurry. They also understood the severity of the matter. Whoever had sent this to them must be related one way or another to Miss Zhao, which meant they had an important role in the case. They must find this person as soon as possible.

Alas, they were bound to be disappointed.

After asking the officer downstairs, they discovered that the one who had sent the package was someone from a delivery company. Through many twists and turns, they hastily locked in on the worker on duty of the delivery company to interrogate him on who had sent the package in the first place.

"I-I don't know who he is nor have I seen him before!" The terrified customer service cried out tremblingly. "You must know that we have no shortage of people who send their packages with no return address. If you want to know more, then you... you should go and check the surveillance camera..."

Recently, the officers had psychological trauma whenever they heard the words 'surveillance camera', thanks to the continuous effort of combing through countless footage for the past few days. They instinctively felt their stomach churn in nausea.

However, no matter how much anguish they were in, they still had to go through the surveillance cameras simply because they were slaves of society.

Unfortunately, they received one bad news after another.

First, the surveillance cameras inside and around the delivery company were not as comprehensive as the crime scene which was situated in the middle of the city. They only had one CCTV on the entrance, which caught the figure of a man coming in with the familiar package.

And then came the second bad news, the man covered himself so thoroughly that all they could discern from the surveillance camera was his gender and his approximate height. They tried to trace this person just like how they did with Dong-Wook.

However, either the man had a more skillful anti-reconnaissance skill than Dong-Wook or because the officers' luck had finally run out, in the end they lost him after seeing him enter a certain secluded alley. If they still wanted to find him after that... then it would be no different from searching for a needle in the middle of haystacks!