i loved you but the age gap is illegal.. (part 2!!)

Matt's POV :
Few months later, I found myself settling into my new life at college. The campus was vast and bustling, filled with new faces and opportunities. It was exciting, yet I often found my thoughts drifting back to that graduation day and to Y/N. We had stayed in touch through messages and occasional video calls, but the distance was palpable.

One crisp autumn evening, as I was walking back to my dorm after a late study session, my phone buzzed with a notification. It was a message from Y/N. My heart raced as I opened it.

"Hey Matthew, guess what? I'm visiting your city next weekend! I'd love to catch up if you're free. Let me know :)"

A flood of emotions surged through me – excitement, anticipation, and a hint of nervousness. I quickly replied, agreeing to meet her and suggesting a cozy café near campus.

The week passed in a blur of classes and assignments, but my mind was firmly set on the upcoming weekend. Finally, the day arrived. I got to the café early, my eyes constantly darting to the door. When Y/N walked in, her face lit up with a smile that instantly put me at ease.

We hugged, and as we sat down to catch up, it felt as though no time had passed at all. She shared stories of her senior year and her plans for the future, her enthusiasm and energy just as captivating as ever. We talked about everything and nothing, losing track of time as the hours flew by.

As the evening wore on, we decided to take a walk around campus. The golden hues of the setting sun bathed everything in a warm glow, creating an almost magical atmosphere. We found ourselves at the edge of the campus lake, its surface shimmering under the fading light.

We sat down on a bench, the cool breeze rustling the leaves around us. Y/N turned to me, her expression thoughtful.

"Matthew, I've missed you," she said softly. "More than I realized I would."

I looked into her eyes, the depth of her sincerity mirroring my own feelings. "I've missed you too, Y/N. It's been different without you."

For a moment, we sat in comfortable silence, the weight of our unspoken feelings hanging in the air. Then, with a shy smile, Y/N reached out and took my hand. The simple gesture spoke volumes, reigniting the connection we had always shared.

We spent the rest of the evening walking and talking, making plans to see each other more often. As we finally said our goodbyes, I felt a renewed sense of hope. Our paths might be different for now, but the bond between us remained strong, promising a future filled with possibilities.

As I watched Y/N walk away, I couldn't help but smile. Our story was indeed far from over, and I was eager to see where it would lead us next.

The weeks that followed were a mix of busy college life and cherished moments with Y/N. We made it a point to meet up whenever we could, whether it was during her visits to my city or when I made the trip back home. Each time we were together, it felt like we were picking up right where we left off, our connection growing stronger with every encounter.

One chilly winter afternoon, we found ourselves at a small, quaint bookstore in my college town. The snow outside painted a picturesque scene, while the warmth inside the bookstore created a cozy atmosphere. Y/N was browsing through a shelf of poetry books, her face alight with curiosity and joy.