childhood to lovers part 2

### A Sudden Twist

Just as they settled into the peaceful morning, their toddler's playful energy suddenly shifted. With a mischievous gleam in their eyes, they launched themselves at Matt, giggling wildly as they tackled him to the ground.

Y/N watched in surprise as Matt let out a surprised laugh, trying to fend off their child's playful assault. But as the scene unfolded, Y/N realized that Matt was genuinely struggling to keep up with their toddler's newfound strength.

Instead of rushing to help, a mischievous grin spread across Y/N's face as she leaned back against the couch, enjoying the spectacle before her.

"Looks like you've got your hands full, Matt," she teased, her laughter bubbling up uncontrollably.

Matt shot her a mock glare between laughs, his voice slightly strained. "Y/N, a little help here?"

But Y/N couldn't contain her laughter, finding the situation too amusing to intervene. She watched as Matt tried to wrangle their giggling child, his attempts becoming more futile by the second.

Their toddler, emboldened by their successful attack, showed no signs of slowing down. They crawled all over Matt, their laughter filling the room as they tickled him and tried to pin him down.

Finally, with a playful growl, Matt surrendered, collapsing onto the floor in defeat. Their toddler squealed with triumph, clapping their hands in victory.

Y/N couldn't help but dissolve into fits of laughter, tears streaming down her cheeks as she watched the scene unfold. Matt joined in, his laughter mingling with hers as they shared a moment of pure joy.

As their toddler crawled off to explore a new adventure, Y/N reached out to help Matt up from the floor, still chuckling.

"Looks like you survived the attack," she said, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

Matt grinned, brushing himself off. "Barely. But it was worth it to see the smile on their face."

They shared a warm embrace, their laughter fading into a comfortable silence as they basked in the love and happiness of their little family.

In that moment, Y/N realized that sometimes, the best memories were made in the simplest moments—the ones filled with laughter, , and unexpected twists. And as they embraced the joy of parenthood together, she knew that their journey was just beginning, filled with endless adventures and cherished moments.

As days passed, Y/N couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of unease. She found herself constantly checking the calendar, counting the days since her last period. When she realized that she was late for her period for the second time, a sense of anxiety crept over her.

She tried to push aside her worries, reminding herself that stress and fatigue could sometimes cause irregularities in her cycle. But deep down, a voice whispered doubts and fears that she couldn't ignore.

One evening, as Y/N sat in the bathroom, staring at the pregnancy test in her trembling hands, her heart pounded with apprehension. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and prayed for a negative result.