cancer ..?

Y/N walks through the crowded hallway, her face pale but determined. She spots Matt by his locker, his back turned. Taking a deep breath, she approaches him, mustering a smile.
Y/N: Hey, Matt.
Matt turns around, his expression hardening the moment he sees her.
Matt: What do you want, Y/N?
Y/N: I... I just wanted to talk.Matt slams his locker shut, causing a few heads to turn.
Matt: Talk about what? About how you're leaving? Or should I say, pretending to leave?
Y/N: Matt, I—
Matt: Save it. You lied to me. You've been saying you're moving for weeks now, but you're still here. What's your deal?
Y/N looks down, her heart aching. She wants to tell him the truth, but the words stick in her throat.
Y/N: I... I didn't mean to lie. I just—
Matt: Just what? Wanted attention? Wanted to see me beg you to stay?
Y/N: No! It's not like that. I—Matt: You know what? I don't care. Just stay out of my way.He turns to leave, but
Y/N grabs his arm.
Y/N: Please, Matt, listen to me—
Matt pulls his arm free, his eyes cold.
Matt: We're done here.He walks away, leaving Y/N standing alone, tears welling up in her eyes.Scene:

Y/N's HomeY/N sits on her bed, staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her wig lies on the dresser, a stark reminder of her condition. She picks up her phone, contemplating whether to call Matt. Instead, she types a message.
Y/N (texting): Matt, I'm sorry for everything. I wish I could explain, but I can't. Just know that I never meant to hurt you.She hesitates before hitting send, her thumb hovering over the button.
Y/N's Mom (from the doorway): Y/N, are you okay?
Y/N quickly wipes away a tear and turns to her mom.
Y/N: Yeah, I'm fine, Mom.
Y/N's Mom: Are you sure? You know you can talk to me.
Y/N nods, forcing a smile.
Y/N: I know. Thanks, Mom.Scene: School Cafeteria Matt sits with his friends, but his mind is elsewhere. He keeps glancing at the door, waiting for Y/N to enter. When she finally does, their eyes meet briefly before she looks away and finds a seat by herself.One of Matt's friends, Jake, notices the exchange.
Jake then says "Still mad at Y/N?"
Matt talked back "She lied to me."
"Maybe there's more to it." Says Jake to Matt
"Like what?" Matt went confused
"I don't know. Just seems weird, you know?" Says Jake telling to Matt
Matt frowns, thinking about Jake's words.

Scene: School Courtyard, The Next Day

Matt sat on a bench, scrolling through his phone. He saw the text from Y/N but hadn't opened it yet. Taking a deep breath, he finally read it.

"Matt, I'm sorry for everything. I wish I could explain, but I can't. Just know that I never meant to hurt you."

Matt stared at the message, his emotions swirling. Just then, Y/N walked into the courtyard and spotted him. She hesitated but then walked over, determination in her step.

"Hey, Matt," she said quietly.

Matt looked up, his expression unreadable. "Hey."

"Can we talk? Please," Y/N asked, her voice trembling slightly.

"Fine. Talk," Matt replied curtly.

"I know you're angry, and you have every right to be. But I promise I never meant to hurt you," Y/N began, struggling to keep her composure.

"Then why all the lies, Y/N?" Matt demanded.

"It's complicated. I wanted to tell you the truth, but I couldn't," Y/N explained, her eyes pleading for understanding.