he's my brother idiot!

"he's my brother!! What do you expect?! He's my boyfriend?"

Y/N had always been proud of her older brother, Matthew Bernard Sturniolo, better known to the world as Matt Sturniolo. His YouTube channel had skyrocketed in popularity, and he had become a sensation, beloved by millions for his hilarious videos, vlogs, and charismatic personality. While Y/N was happy for Matt, she had never anticipated the dark side of his fame that would soon envelop her life.

At first, Y/N enjoyed the occasional shoutout on Matt's channel, and the recognition at school wasn't too bad either. People would ask her about Matt, and she would proudly share funny anecdotes from their childhood. But as Matt's fame grew, so did the attention on Y/N, and it wasn't long before things took a turn for the worse.

One evening, Y/N was scrolling through her Instagram DMs, expecting the usual mix of friendly messages and fan questions about Matt. But what she found shocked her. "You're such a loser, stop trying to ride your brother's fame," read one message. Another one was even more disturbing, "You're so annoying, everyone hates you. Just disappear."

Y/N's heart raced as she read through the flood of hate messages and death threats. Fans of Matt had somehow twisted their admiration for him into hatred for her. Many of them, especially his female fans, had convinced themselves that Y/N was secretly dating Matt. Despite their sibling relationship being well-known, these delusions had taken hold of a toxic segment of his fanbase.

The harassment didn't stop at DMs. Hate comments flooded her social media posts, accusing her of using Matt for clout, calling her names, and even threatening her life. School wasn't much better; whispers and glares followed her down the hallways, and friends she thought she could trust began to distance themselves.

One night, overwhelmed and in tears, Y/N confided in Matt. "I don't know what to do," she sobbed. "Everyone hates me because of you."

Matt's face darkened with concern. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I had no idea it was this bad. I promise, I'll do something about it."

True to his word, Matt made a heartfelt video addressing his fans. He spoke directly to the camera, his usual cheerful demeanor replaced with seriousness. "I need to talk to you guys about something really important," he began. "My sister, Y/N, has been receiving a lot of hate and threats recently, and it's not okay. She's my sister, not my girlfriend. She's not trying to use me for fame. She's just living her life, and she doesn't deserve this kind of treatment."

The video went viral, and while it didn't stop the hate completely, it did spark a wave of support for Y/N. Messages of apology and encouragement began to fill her inbox, and slowly, she started to feel a bit safer.

Despite the challenges, Y/N grew stronger from the experience. She learned to lean on her true friends and family, and she began to speak out about the dangers of online harassment. In time, the hate subsided, replaced by a newfound respect from those who understood the value of kindness and empathy.

Through it all, Y/N realized that while her brother's fame had brought unexpected challenges, it had also shown her the strength she never knew she had. And with Matt by her side, she knew she could face anything the world threw at her.

A few weeks after Matt's heartfelt video, things seemed to be settling down. Y/N felt a bit more at ease as the support from Matt's genuine fans and her close friends gave her the courage to face each day. But the reprieve was short-lived.