☝🏻☝🏻 (part 4!!)

As I sat by Y/N's bedside, the weight of the situation pressing down on me like a ton of bricks, I felt a surge of emotions coursing through my veins. Fear, grief, and desperation battled for dominance as I watched over her, willing her to wake up, to open her eyes and assure me that everything would be alright.

Hours turned into days as I remained steadfast by her side, refusing to leave her even for a moment. Her parents, grateful for my presence, took turns resting in the waiting room, their eyes heavy with exhaustion and worry.

But despite the passage of time, there was no change in Y/N's condition. She remained in a coma, her body battered and bruised from the impact of the crash. The doctors were cautiously optimistic, but they couldn't make any promises about her recovery.

As the days stretched on, I found myself grappling with a sense of helplessness unlike anything I had ever experienced. I longed to do something – anything – to help Y/N, but all I could do was sit by her bedside, holding her hand and whispering words of encouragement into her ear, hoping against hope that she could hear me, that my voice could reach her in the depths of her unconsciousness.

And then, one day, as I sat by Y/N's bedside, lost in a haze of despair, something miraculous happened. I felt her hand twitch in mine, her fingers curling slightly as if in response to my touch.

My heart leaped with hope as I watched for any further signs of movement. And then, to my utter amazement, I saw it – a flicker of consciousness in her eyes, a glimmer of recognition that filled me with an overwhelming sense of relief.

"Y/N," I whispered, my voice trembling with emotion. "Can you hear me?"

Her lips parted as if to speak, but no words emerged. Instead, she squeezed my hand weakly, her eyes searching mine for reassurance.

"I'm here, Y/N," I said softly, tears streaming down my cheeks. "I'm right here with you. You're going to be okay."

And as I looked into her eyes, filled with determination and strength, I knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, we would face them together, hand in hand, bound by a love that was stronger than any obstacle.

For in that moment, as Y/N emerged from the darkness of her coma, I felt a renewed sense of hope blossoming within me – hope for her recovery, hope for our future, and hope for the enduring power of love to overcome even the darkest of days.

As Y/N emerged from the darkness of her coma, a sense of relief washed over me like a tidal wave. But as the days passed and her recovery progressed slowly, I couldn't shake the nagging sense of unease that lingered at the back of my mind.

Despite the doctors' assurances that Y/N would make a full recovery, there was something in her eyes – a haunted look, a distant sadness – that spoke volumes. And try as I might to ignore it, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong.

One evening, as I sat by Y/N's bedside, her hand clasped tightly in mine, she turned to me with a look of resignation in her eyes. "Matthew," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "I need to tell you something."

My heart skipped a beat as I gazed into her eyes, searching for any sign of what she was about to say. But before I could respond, she continued, her words coming out in a rush.