passion.

Matt and Y/N had been dating for nearly a year, their relationship built on a foundation of shared interests, laughter, and mutual support. Matt was passionate about music; he spent hours each day practicing his guitar, writing songs, and dreaming of performing on big stages. Y/N admired his dedication, even if it meant that sometimes, their time together was sacrificed.

One evening, after dinner, they were lounging in Y/N's cozy apartment. The soft glow of string lights draped across the walls gave the room a warm ambiance. Matt, as usual, had his guitar in hand, absentmindedly strumming chords while Y/N read a book on the couch beside him.

"Y/N," Matt started, his voice taking on a playful tone. "What do you say we take a break from our usual routine and do something fun on the bed?"

Y/N looked up from her book, raising an eyebrow. "And what might that be?" she asked, though she had a pretty good idea of what he was hinting at.

Matt set his guitar down and moved closer, his mischievous grin widening. "You know, something a bit more... exciting than reading."

Y/N laughed, closing her book but keeping her finger between the pages. "Matt, I know what you're getting at, but didn't you say you wanted to finish that new song by tonight? You’ve been working so hard on it."

Matt sighed, leaning back against the couch. "I know, but sometimes I feel like I need a break. Plus, spending some quality time with my amazing girlfriend sounds like the perfect way to relax."

Y/N reached out, taking his hand in hers. "I appreciate that, really. But think about how great it will feel to complete your song. You've been so inspired lately. Why don't you finish your music first, and then we can have some fun afterward?"

Matt groaned playfully but nodded. "You're right. I have been on a roll with this song. I guess I can wait a little longer."

Y/N smiled, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. "How about this – you finish your song, and I'll make us some hot chocolate. Then we can relax together, and you can play me the finished piece. Deal?"

Matt's eyes lit up. "Deal. But you better make that hot chocolate extra special."

Y/N chuckled, standing up to head to the kitchen. "Anything for my rockstar."

As she prepared their drinks, Matt picked up his guitar again, feeling a renewed sense of determination. He glanced over at Y/N, who was busy whisking cocoa powder and milk. She always knew how to keep him focused on what mattered most, even when he got a little distracted.

By the time Y/N returned with two steaming mugs, Matt had already scribbled down the final verse of his song. He looked up, beaming. "I think I've got it!"

Y/N handed him a mug and settled back down beside him. "I knew you would. Now, let's hear it."

Matt played the song from start to finish, his fingers dancing over the strings with confidence. When he finished, Y/N clapped enthusiastically. "That was incredible, Matt. I'm so proud of you."

He set his guitar aside and pulled her into a hug. "Thanks for always believing in me, Y/N. And for keeping me on track."

"That's what I'm here for," she said softly. "Now, how about that quality time you were talking about?"

Matt grinned. "Absolutely. But first, let's enjoy this hot chocolate. You make the best."

They spent the rest of the evening talking, laughing, and savoring their drinks, the bond between them stronger than ever. Matt knew that with Y/N by his side, he could achieve anything, both in his music and in their relationship.

The end!!

Sorry if it's short.. 🙏🏻