First day of high school

"bro, no wonder you guys said high school
is the shittest"

--

In the fall of 2023, Y/N Klonopin was about to begin her first day at a new high school. She was nervous, as anyone would be, but her reasons were unique. While most freshmen worried about fitting in, making friends, or finding their classrooms, Y/N had an additional layer of anxiety: her brothers.

Nick, Chris, and Matt Sturniolo, her older triplet brothers, were famous YouTubers known collectively as the Sturniolo Triplets. Their channel had millions of subscribers, and their faces were recognized by teens across the country. To escape the shadow of their fame and make genuine connections, Y/N had chosen to attend a school a few towns over, under her mother’s maiden name: Klonopin.

Y/N took a deep breath as she stepped through the school gates. She had spent the summer rehearsing her new identity, determined to keep her brothers’ fame a secret. She walked through the bustling hallways, clutching her schedule, and made her way to her first class: English.

"Hi, I'm Mrs. Anderson. You must be Y/N Klonopin," her teacher greeted with a warm smile. Y/N smiled back, relieved that her new name felt natural. She found a seat near the middle, not too close to the front, but not isolated at the back either.

During lunch, she found a spot under a tree in the courtyard. She liked the idea of blending in, observing, and slowly finding her place. A group of girls approached her, friendly smiles on their faces.

"Hey, you’re new here, right? Mind if we sit?" asked a girl with curly brown hair.

"Sure," Y/N replied, trying to keep her voice steady. "I’m Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I’m Emma, and this is Jade and Alex," she introduced her friends. "Where did you move from?"

"Just a town over," Y/N answered vaguely, hoping they wouldn’t probe too deeply.

Days turned into weeks, and Y/N found herself enjoying her new school. She became friends with Emma, Jade, and Alex, joining them for lunch every day. They never once mentioned YouTube or her brothers, which was a huge relief.

One afternoon, as she walked through the hallway, she overheard some students talking excitedly.

"Did you hear? The Sturniolo Triplets are filming nearby this weekend!"

Y/N's heart skipped a beat, but she kept her face neutral. She hoped none of her friends would bring it up. Thankfully, they didn't seem too interested in the latest YouTube gossip.

That weekend, as Y/N was studying in her room, Nick knocked on her door.

"Hey, we’re going to grab some pizza. Want to come?" he asked.

Y/N shook her head. "Thanks, but I have a lot of homework."

Nick gave her a knowing look. "You’re doing great, Y/N. If you ever need us, you know where we are."

"Thanks, Nick," she smiled, appreciating his understanding.

Monday morning arrived, and as Y/N walked into school, she noticed a few students whispering and pointing at her. Her heart sank. She hurried to her locker, trying to act normal, but her mind was racing. Did someone find out?